www.rockysbar.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyaBye3015
Rick,

Did you get the $10,000 I sent you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I picked it up for him.

:angry: So this is what you did with my $10,000 you got from the Sosua Post Office that Joe sent to me.
Yeah...
I knew you'd want to contribute to such a worthy cause. :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Vacancy.......

As long as it's clean inside and gives me that "super ride", I'm not too uptight about it's exterior shine.

What good criteria for a man, as well!!!!!!

TeeHee - that will get em going ....;)

Rio

J

John Evans

I prefer something that wont get you noticed
goodw01_44-779128.jpg

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
Wow....leave you alone for a few weeks and look what you get yourself into!!

So, ummm.....how big is the trunk?? ;)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Wow....leave you alone for a few weeks and look what you get yourself into!!

So, ummm.....how big is the trunk?? ;)
I know.
I'm like a kid in a candy store.
Pretty soon I'll be old enough to vote. :ermm:

PS: The trunk is huge.
Good for 2 dead concho driver's bodies, no problem.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I know.
I'm like a kid in a candy store.
Pretty soon I'll be old enough to vote. :ermm:

PS: The trunk is huge.
Good for 2 dead concho driver's bodies, no problem.

I didnt realize you were doing the "clean-up" job too!;)

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rocky .....congratulations....Is the gps system working in DR? Thanks
Jury's still out on that one.
From what I understand, a world map can be introduced and the GPS could deal with highways and all, but no sexy robot chick telling me to turn left at such and such traffic light.
Maybe in another 10 years, or so.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Jury's still out on that one.
From what I understand, a world map can be introduced and the GPS could deal with highways and all, but no sexy robot chick telling me to turn left at such and such traffic light.
Maybe in another 10 years, or so.

LOL...@ sexy robot chick!!

how about a real one? on-star?

May 5, 2007
Truly a special car

Beautiful car guy, it is considered by most THE hottest Import car in the USA

I only hope that if you have the optional 17" low profile optional wheels that you are ready to pay out around $1,200.00 USD each time you hit a pothole :-( Go slow or switch to ugly steelies for everyday travel.

Congratulations on a truly phenomenal automobile

You mentioned you had a Lexus? Have a friend "drag" you side by each, the Lexus will look like it has an anchor attached with it's approx 210 horses trying to keep up with the Honda's 260

As a rule, cars/SUVs and trucks are very expensive in this country, used or new, averaging 20% to 40% more than our American counterpart's prices.
However, I do have some decent connections for good vehicles at reasonable prices, and I keep an eye out for special deals.
Despite not needing or looking for a new car, (new to me, not brand new) I just picked up a 2002 Acura TL 3.2 type S at approx. US price and can't resist buying it, even though my Lexus is in perfect condition and a great car, but variety is the spice of life and I like this "new" car.
I just went out for a late night ride, partially to test it, but mostly to learn what all those buttons do.

My goodness, I'm out of touch with the technical advances that have been made since moving here.

dancgif.gif

It has one of these monitor screens for the GPS system, that doubles as a menu/control center for other components, like the AC, where the monitor itself is touch sensitive.

STB_2894.jpg

5555343x329.jpg

That alone was enough to give me a cheap thrill,
02306NC-1039700.gif
but there are all sorts of other doodads, like a factory premium Bose sound system that has a slot for a CD, and it somehow gobbles up 6 of them.

Where they all go, is beyond me, but it works and sounds pretty darn good.
The car has a 5 speed automatic transmission, but it also has an option for going into manual sequential shifting,
4444222x599.jpg

that turns the car into a rocket ship,

66666208x512.jpg

that goes like a bat out of he11.

I found a button, labeled TCS, presumably short for traction control system, and it gives the car a launch capability that prevents wheel spin, even on wet or dirt roads, a bit like the Formula 1 cars use to start their races.
This car is the most "loaded with options" car that I have ever been in, let alone owned.
Electric seats with heaters (like I need heaters in my seats), 2 position memory for the driver's seat. (Handy for when Milka picks folks up at the airport and leave the Lexus seat so pinned to the dash, that I can't get my legs in), cruise control with steering wheel controls, (The sound system has controls there too)

IMG_2900.jpg

a sun roof that not only slides open, but it can just raise it's rear portion in the closed position, to cause/improve air circulation, some type of electric interior rear view mirror, (I haven't figured out how that works, yet) an anti theft system which includes a remote shut down system, (By satellite maybe? Might not even work in this country) a 160 MPH speedometer, (26o km per hour) and I have little doubt that it could go those speeds. (But certainly not in this country, unless I get a death wish)
It has three tiny buttons, marked with 1 dot, 2 dots and 3 dots ( . .. ... ) right next to the front map lights, near the interior rear view mirror and I have no clue what they do, other than flash a tiny witness light when I touch them.(Built in programmable remote control garage door opener???)

I know, I know.... Small things amuse small minds...
What can I say?
I'm a happy camper.
dance1.gif

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Beautiful car guy, it is considered by most THE hottest Import car in the USA

I only hope that if you have the optional 17" low profile optional wheels that you are ready to pay out around $1,200.00 USD each time you hit a pothole :-( Go slow or switch to ugly steelies for everyday travel.

Congratulations on a truly phenomenal automobile

You mentioned you had a Lexus? Have a friend "drag" you side by each, the Lexus will look like it has an anchor attached with it's approx 210 horses trying to keep up with the Honda's 260
You clearly know your cars.
Yes it comes with 17 inch low profiles and the switch to 16's with Michelin 205's has already been made.
Wrong country for low profile tires.
Been there, done that, lost the hubcap, blew the tire, busted the wheel.....
And yes, it sure is fast.
Now, all I have to do is develop my discipline a bit, or maybe a lot....

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
I personally liked your Lexus! Thought that was a nice car - much better than my sad sorry car in the UK.
Although im sure you dont remember - i will always be thank full for your act of kindness to myself and my wife just over a year ago now - and that was in your lexus - hopefully get a ride in this beauty!

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
I wanna see what your car looks like on the outside!!! it must be smokin'

Please!! and thank you....it's ok if it's a "no-no" but would love to see it!!