Chicharrón de Cerdo

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
huoizk.jpg
Now that's what I'm talking about, a national treasure of this country: roadside chicharrón.

The best I've had are the three roadside stands where the Samana highway meets the north coast road outside Nagua.

pgolivares

Apr 9, 2010
Now that's what I'm talking about, a national treasure of this country: roadside chicharrón.

The best I've had are the three roadside stands where the Samana highway meets the north coast road outside Nagua.

Agree. I stopped there not long ago on my way back to the capital from Nagua. I found the chicharrón to be very good. I also bought some fresh queso which I thought was petty good too. I found the chicharrón from the ft guy to be better than the 2 ladies.

Enjoy your weekend all.

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Boy that's expensive for the DR. I buy it in the US for just a little more than that. They must be charging you gringo prices.
That's the price they charged everyone standing in line Dominican or not. And, if you want yuca, guineos or platanos "sancochao" with your purchase, it's 100 pesos more. AE is correct, I am Dominican and have been back for a year-and-a-half now so no Gringo prices for me..:p