Chid taken to USA against fathers will

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
I pray that your future postings on the forum are regarding matters less serious. I'm sure your heart is breaking, and I wish you well in this matter.

Whatever the outcome, please let us know. That way, perhaps others can learn how to be proactive in preventing such a scenario from repeating.

Reactions: Bronxboy

george1

Jan 2, 2011
All is well that ends well....

It is my great pleasure to report that we have come to a very positive conclusion. After many talks with my wife and son we came to the conclusion that it might be best for him to conclude his High School education in the USA. The school that he inscribed in impressed me rather well and has a lot more to offer than his former Colegio.
I was assured that his prima with the mental issues was much better off and I even had the pleasure to speak with her myself. She sounds just fine and there was no incident for a long time.
Off course I have set strict ground rules and conditions for him to be there. I also made it very clear that the way things were handled were in no way acceptable and I should have been involved differently.
I assured him if things do not work out over there (Low grades, youth troubles...) I will become his personal immigration officer.
I tremendously appreciate the magnificent and well meaning responses I have received. You folks are truly magnificent, thank you very much.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
It is my great pleasure to report that we have come to a very positive conclusion. After many talks with my wife and son we came to the conclusion that it might be best for him to conclude his High School education in the USA. The school that he inscribed in impressed me rather well and has a lot more to offer than his former Colegio.
I was assured that his prima with the mental issues was much better off and I even had the pleasure to speak with her myself. She sounds just fine and there was no incident for a long time.
Off course I have set strict ground rules and conditions for him to be there. I also made it very clear that the way things were handled were in no way acceptable and I should have been involved differently.
I assured him if things do not work out over there (Low grades, youth troubles...) I will become his personal immigration officer.
I tremendously appreciate the magnificent and well meaning responses I have received. You folks are truly magnificent, thank you very much.

George I hope it works out well for all your family.

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
Thanks for the update. Glad you're more comfortable with the situation.

Good luck, and I too wish the best for your family.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
Thanks for letting us know how it all turned out, and I'm very glad to know that the situation was resolved amicably.

Stay on the lookout for cheap flights so you can go check on him from time to time.

And if I may offer some advice: work out a written clarification of custody regarding your daughter. If you post on here next year that the same thing has happened with regards to your daughter, we are not going to be so helpful. :eek:gre:

george1

Jan 2, 2011
Thanks for letting us know how it all turned out, and I'm very glad to know that the situation was resolved amicably.

Stay on the lookout for cheap flights so you can go check on him from time to time.

And if I may offer some advice: work out a written clarification of custody regarding your daughter. If you post on here next year that the same thing has happened with regards to your daughter, we are not going to be so helpful. :eek:gre:
Thanks a lot, definetely will do. ;)

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
glad to hear that you are content with the situation.. indeed, it is important to have an education in English.. and the US really is not so far away from here.. I am sure that you will see one another often.

suerte

Ungaro

Jan 19, 2011
Abductions to the U.S.

INFO FROM U.S. STATE DEPT

The Office of Children?s Issues also handles incoming Hague child abduction cases ? that is, abductions of children to the United States from countries that are partners under the 1980 Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction. In addition, our office can assist with abductions from non-partner countries, although our services in such cases are more limited. If you are a parent whose child has been taken to the United States in violation of your parental rights, the Office of Children's Issues offers services that you might find valuable during this difficult time.

Services for Incoming Hague Abduction Cases

The services that the Office of Children?s Issues provides for incoming abduction cases include:

Accepting applications for return or access from Foreign Central Authorities;
Assisting left-behind parents in locating their children within the United States;
Attempting to achieve voluntary returns or access where possible;
Assisting left-behind parents with securing attorneys, including attorneys willing to work on a pro bono or reduced-fee basis for qualified parents; and
Assisting with the safe return of children to their habitual residence abroad.

For more information, please contact our office at AbductionUSCA@state.gov.

I DO NOT THINK THE DR IS A MEMBER OF HAGUE BUT THEY WILL STILL HELP YOU.