Child Abduction

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
As an update, as many people said there is definitely an oral grapevine where this story is spread to the point where it is part of the collective belief system. It's a normal instinctual fear to lose a child, and these types of stories have circulated throughout recorded history. People will swear that its even on the news, but I have trouble finding any real stories, and I don't think the people in question are 'newsy' people. I don't think they even have a television for Novelas. And, the kids range freely in the barrio. If there was a tangible threat, I think they'd be under much closer supervision.

That said, my girlfriend is constantly trying to shake money out of me and this story was aimed at getting a pasola under the guise of moving her child safely to school and back which is a short 5 minute walk. Crude as it was, it was a multi-phased approach that started with the "child missing report" in the beginning. I find such subterfuge obnoxious, but it just seems to be what Latin women do when they want money.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
In fact, some media were dim enough to give it credence and are partly responsible for spreading the myth.

Just to illustrate, Diario Libre was caught out running a satirical article as fact just this weekend. And several ran the "NASA report" from last year saying that the world would be plunged into darkness for 4 days.
14522916_1380380078646623_5540305357547048101_n.jpg

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
As an update, as many people said there is definitely an oral grapevine where this story is spread to the point where it is part of the collective belief system. It's a normal instinctual fear to lose a child, and these types of stories have circulated throughout recorded history. People will swear that its even on the news, but I have trouble finding any real stories, and I don't think the people in question are 'newsy' people. I don't think they even have a television for Novelas. And, the kids range freely in the barrio. If there was a tangible threat, I think they'd be under much closer supervision.

That said, my girlfriend is constantly trying to shake money out of me and this story was aimed at getting a pasola under the guise of moving her child safely to school and back which is a short 5 minute walk. Crude as it was, it was a multi-phased approach that started with the "child missing report" in the beginning. I find such subterfuge obnoxious, but it just seems to be what Latin women do when they want money.

Very interesting with you girlfriend's elaborate attempt for asking for a pasola, it never seize to amaze me how they use their brain quite effectively in some ways (negative) but not in other ways (positive deeds), I have come across this myself quite a bit... lol

I think even if this child abduction thing (specially for organs) is a complete myth, perhaps it is not a bad one, I hope it helps Dominicans occasionally wonder where their kids are, half the time when I ask them, they have no idea... ! For example on the beach, most parents keep a close eye on their young ones, but most of the time I have to raise the point that one of the little ones have disappeared for quite a while, they then say, "donde esta esa diablita"... !

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002

No GringoRubio! Your comment about
Latin women's doings when they want money reflects on the character of your Latin woman. With all due respect, I hear people getting scammed and Western Unionized often but 99/9% of the time these are the shenanigans of a typical barrio rat. NONE of the Latin woman I know of several Latin American countries depend solely on a man to further themselves in life. It may be my circle of friends... but I do not associate with "scammers" male or female. The bells & whistles tend to go off the first time someone approaches me with the sob story about needing money to repair the fridge or for grandma's medicine (3yrs after grandma's death).

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
No GringoRubio! Your comment about
Latin women's doings when they want money reflects on the character of your Latin woman. With all due respect, I hear people getting scammed and Western Unionized often but 99/9% of the time these are the shenanigans of a typical barrio rat. NONE of the Latin woman I know of several Latin American countries depend solely on a man to further themselves in life. It may be my circle of friends... but I do not associate with "scammers" male or female. The bells & whistles tend to go off the first time someone approaches me with the sob story about needing money to repair the fridge or for grandma's medicine (3yrs after grandma's death).

I'd like to say that you are right.

cbmitch9

Bronze
Nov 3, 2010
I heard the same story today of children being kidnapped. It started with, I am so worried for my child..I already knew where it was heading so I put an immediate stop to it by explaining that before you kidnap someone for their organs, there first must be some sort of blood type match..that ended the conversation rather quickly. No Pasola for you my friend..:p

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
I don't know if it's 100% true but my wife had been messaging me stuff that she got from friends at Whatsapp that there are several incidents in Santiago recently. One was at Bella Terra mall where attempted kidnappers snatched 11 years old while other was waiting in the car. And recently she heard an incident where a kidnapper tried to snatch a child on pasola with mother clinging to their dear lives.

Sick world we live in if it's true.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
The whole whatsapp message thing is the new pass time of Dominicans with time on their hands. Most of it is nonsense. Kid napped children for organs harvesting. I wouldn't dare to say it's impossible but I do think it's impossible it happened here and the authorities managed to keep the family quiet.

Today I received a voice note by whatsapp about people being victims of a scam where a guy dressed as a cop stops them and tells them they hit a child with an old man. before that typically they would have heard a sound on their car like if they ran over something or hit something. I know the guy who says it happened to him in Bella Vista (av. Sarasota) and don't doubt it was true. Don't fall for that one.

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
I don't think it's true either. Why would they steal a kid at the mall with so many random unsupervised kids hanging around in the barrios? I hate to believe that people are using this excuse to their benefit but apparently they are.*
In any case please keep your children close and safe.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
There was an attempted child abduction in Jarabacoa today. They have the two accused at the police headquarters, and when I drove by around 4 pm there was a huge crowd and the police had just let off two tear gas canisters. As per normal not too much accurate info.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
There was an attempted child abduction in Jarabacoa today. They have the two accused at the police headquarters, and when I drove by around 4 pm there was a huge crowd and the police had just let off two tear gas canisters. As per normal not too much accurate info. http://www.jarabacoanoticias.com/

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
My maid?s daughter (19 years old) who lives in Higuey witnessed the attempted kidnapping of a neighbour last week. *A lady was walking down the street with a little girl when a motorcycle with 2 guys wearing helmets pulled up next to them and tried to yank the little girl away from the mother. *The mother managed to hang on (apparently dislocating one of the little girl?s arms in the process) and men sitting at a nearby colmado ran over to help. *The motocycle took off and they noticed a black suv with tinted windows and no license plate take off further down the street. *Too many stories going around. Scary stuff!

jimbobo

Feb 9, 2014
Organisatie theft

It is sad but True, that there are children being kidnapped for their organs. These organs
however are not used for transplants, they are used to perform voodoo like rituals. Rich haitian People pay for these horrible crimes. They fry Child organs to cure themselves from, let's say cancer or aids.

airgordo

Bronze
Jun 24, 2015
It is sad but True, that there are children being kidnapped for their organs. These organs
however are not used for transplants, they are used to perform voodoo like rituals. Rich haitian People pay for these horrible crimes. They fry Child organs to cure themselves from, let's say cancer or aids.

this is the first time I have ever heard something like this...

airgordo

Bronze
Jun 24, 2015

Well, I have seen evidence of this on the news TODAY, the Army Intelligence Unit (J2) stopped and captured TWO Haitian men that were transporting a kidnapped 3 year old Boy in azua, the Boy was kidnapped on Santo Domingo Este ...You sir have now all my attention, how did you get this information?

from August 2013, there are 8 children missing, IF this news goes viral and people panic things can turn pretty nasty for Haitian here...

http://www.listindiario.com/la-repu...enen-a-haitianos-por-raptar-nino-de-tres-anos

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Well, I have seen evidence of this on the news TODAY, the Army Intelligence Unit (J2) stopped and captured TWO Haitian men that were transporting a kidnapped 3 year old Boy in azua, the Boy was kidnapped on Santo Domingo Este ...You sir have now all my attention, how did you get this information?

from August 2013, there are 8 children missing, IF this news goes viral and people panic things can turn pretty nasty for Haitian here...

http://www.listindiario.com/la-repu...enen-a-haitianos-por-raptar-nino-de-tres-anos

Considering the name of the uncle of the child, he was Haitian himself and apparently the kid napping was for a ransom, not to use him in a voodoo ritual. But 8 children missing since two months is nasty....one every week....:surprised

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Well I'm from Toronto ...and here we had the clown BS schools banned clown costumes... my Daughter was convinced 24 murders in Canada ...no matter what I said she wouldnt listen to reason ...she. Is 16 so I took 15 minutes of google to deprogram here thinking and what she heard.....now my view s females gossip all over world in DR it's favorite pass time male and female ..