city hall sosua

sosuajames

Mar 8, 2005
does anyone have the phone number for city hall in sosua? we are coming down in three or four weeks and hopefully they can replace our marriage certificate. we where married there 17 years ago and have lost our paperwork.

my guess is no one there would speak english.

TIA

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata
does anyone have the phone number for city hall in sosua? we are coming down in three or four weeks and hopefully they can replace our marriage certificate. we where married there 17 years ago and have lost our paperwork.

TIA

In theory if you are capable to post, you should also be able to access the info.......too lazy??

You could even find info on line how to get/replace a marriage certificate.

By the way the time on the Ayuntamiento clock tower is still the same as 17 years ago, apparently here time does not move or very slowly.
Still nice to have a decorative time which is correct once a day, it's also the time indicating commencement of official drinking and party time.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011

In theory if you are capable to post, you should also be able to access the info.......too lazy??

You could even find info on line how to get/replace a marriage certificate.

By the way the time on the Ayuntamiento clock tower is still the same as 17 years ago, apparently here time does not move or very slowly.
Still nice to have a decorative time which is correct once a day, it's also the time indicating commencement of official drinking and party time.
XQT this comment is not necessary. OP asked a question, if you can answer great. Asking for help, assistance is one of the reasons people come to DR1.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Gotta give props to a gentleman that got married in Sosua and is still married after 17 years. Actually, anyone anywhere that has been married for 17 years deserves a gold set of steak knives and a set of fine linen napkins.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete

TIA
This is not the city hall, you need the registrar office which is directly in front of Margots Restaurant. It is called Oficialia Del Estado Civil De Sosua. The number is 809 571 1390. Open Mon-Fri 8am to 4pm

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
I hope you have the date. Because I believe everything is just handwritten in a book.
And the same ID documents.
Did the OP have cédula at the moment of marriage?
I'm asking because for example in my case I got married 12 years ago, and at the time I didn't have cédula yet, so I used my then passport, which has been replaced a looooong time ago, and I have no idea what the passport number was.
I asked a while ago if it wasn't possible to update the marriage certificate with my cedula number, but it's not possible to make any changes at all. So to get a new one I always have to use my wife's cédula.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I hope you have the date. Because I believe everything is just handwritten in a book.

They went digital a few years ago.

Even if --- like me -----the act was originally handwritten in the Book, it should be digital now.

Not only that, but the digital thingy allows you to ask in any JCE, not only the one where you were married ( as it was the case before ).

Reactions: sosuajames

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
This is not the city hall, you need the registrar office which is directly in front of Margots Restaurant. It is called Oficialia Del Estado Civil De Sosua. The number is 809 571 1390. Open Mon-Fri 8am to 4pm
My Buddy just got married there today. Not at Ayuntamiento. They may be digital but there was still a lot of paperwork and some handwritten in a book. And of course the mandatory rubber stamps required.

sosuajames

Mar 8, 2005
we have the dates LOL we even have our old passports. We got married at sosua bay hotel. My neighbor is an el salvadorian. I will get him to call Monday

thanks again everyone