Claro 4G LTE is awesome!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
And you will continue watching those changes, you dont have the same strength of signal everywhere you go. No matter the company you use.

thanks. i thought it was that the phone was crap, even though it got rave reveiws..

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Also Claro has "Ilimitado" (unlimited) pay as you go tariffs, but they aren't really unlimited - I know most western companies do this same trick too. They call it fair usage policy... !!!

For example on 140 pesos for 5 days unlimited Claro tariff, you get 5GB capacity at full speed (it gives 4G LTE), then throttles to 256kbps after that. Bad thing about it is that I asked them when that happened if I can buy another data packet to get full speed again and she said no, need to wait for the 5 days to finish.... Oouch !?

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Also Claro has "Ilimitado" (unlimited) pay as you go tariffs, but they aren't really unlimited - I know most western companies do this same trick too. They call it fair usage policy... !!!

For example on 140 pesos for 5 days unlimited Claro tariff, you get 5GB capacity at full speed (it gives 4G LTE), then throttles to 256kbps after that. Bad thing about it is that I asked them when that happened if I can buy another data packet to get full speed again and she said no, need to wait for the 5 days to finish.... Oouch !?

Yes, you have to wait, with VIVA y have the option to recover speed with a package 1 GB valid for 3 days just for 50.00 pesos