CLARO failed after 10 years

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
My package is 20 mbps/2 mbps, cable tv with some premium channels, phone line with some minutes included, all together is about 7800 pesos monthly with taxes included.
I better say: it's much more money than I want to spend on internet / tv / phone. I pay half of that for 6 Mbps, so I guess it's actually not a bad deal what you pay.

Just had a claro technician here who explained that my internet suffers due to the fact that the cable is under ground and probably not well isolated in some parts and that they are rushing the fiber optics installation in this sector to solve the problem.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I better say: it's much more money than I want to spend on internet / tv / phone. I pay half of that for 6 Mbps, so I guess it's actually not a bad deal what you pay.

Just had a claro technician here who explained that my internet suffers due to the fact that the cable is under ground and probably not well isolated in some parts and that they are rushing the fiber optics installation in this sector to solve the problem.

When I lived in California, all of the wires were underground and never had one issue with electricity, cable TV or Internet. You have to love the excuses Dominicans make up for bad service.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
When I lived in California, all of the wires were underground and never had one issue with electricity, cable TV or Internet. You have to love the excuses Dominicans make up for bad service.

Yes, exactly like in Holland, no cable above ground but/and never problems. And if there is they also fix the hole they make in the street to get to the cable.

I wouldn't be surprised though that when cabling they measured wrong and had to weld the cable somewhere down the line...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes, exactly like in Holland, no cable above ground but/and never problems. And if there is they also fix the hole they make in the street to get to the cable.

I wouldn't be surprised though that when cabling they measured wrong and had to weld the cable somewhere down the line...

They would have used "tepi" for any connections.

eldorada

Mar 9, 2005
I just upgraded and included Claro TV and this has been my worst nightmare! Very slow internet connection! TV channels change without notice and customer service sucks! And, the agents are more ****ed than I am when I try to get answers!
Tried to cancel three days into the contract because they didn't give me what I paid for and they simply refused-you have a contract they said!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I just upgraded and included Claro TV and this has been my worst nightmare! Very slow internet connection! TV channels change without notice and customer service sucks! And, the agents are more ****ed than I am when I try to get answers!
Tried to cancel three days into the contract because they didn't give me what I paid for and they simply refused-you have a contract they said!

That is unfortunate. There is a consumer protection agency you can go to. I think it is called Proconsumidor, but others can help you if that is not correct.

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006

what location?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
What CLARO refuses to understand is that their contract requires two parties to function. You have to pay if they provide the proper service. CLARO just says you have to pay regardless of how they perform. While the word service exists in Spanish, its meaning is not understood by CLARO.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
What CLARO refuses to understand is that their contract requires two parties to function. You have to pay if they provide the proper service. CLARO just says you have to pay regardless of how they perform. While the word service exists in Spanish, its meaning is not understood by CLARO. (Don't even get me started on EDENORTE!)

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I had a similar problem with Claro years ago. I just wanted to disconnect my phone and internet and reconnect at another location. They never cancelled the first one even though they said they would several times. I just stopped paying and a miracle happened. They cancelled it. I never got another bill or anything regarding this in the future.

Just stop paying....................

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
What CLARO refuses to understand is that their contract requires two parties to function. You have to pay if they provide the proper service. CLARO just says you have to pay regardless of how they perform. While the word service exists in Spanish, its meaning is not understood by CLARO. (Don't even get me started on EDENORTE!)

Not only Claro, all Dominicans refuse to understand it.