Closing gas stations.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Dominican Government tax RD$66.47 out of RD$195.40 premium gas Gl./ price.

Eh, pa' lante que vamos!

JJ

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
I was asking what your proposal is, keep them open, iognore it and cross our fingers?
It is easy to slam something, but not that creative if you can't think of a better alternative.

Allright.. first of all I didn?t slam anything or anybody, I just put the spotlight on a proposal I think is just silly. My proposal?!? Keep them open. Why?? Closing them in the weekend is not going to reduce the DRs gasoline consumption. Will weekend closed gas stations create other problems? Most likely many the first weekend, so not a good idea.

This country (like any country) will have to do some long term planning, secure future supply for
it?s own future consumption.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I agree it is not an easy one. Short of rationing individual stations, which might work elsewhere but will only promote extortion in the republic I can't see light.
My response wasn't directed anyone individually, I was asking for what people thought could be a solution to such problems.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I expect there will still be access in places around the city. It has to be a good thing that they are addressing the problem before it becomes a crisis.

What do you suggest as a solution?
Carry on until the taps run dry or try to gain some control over the drain on supplies?
Maybe holding deliveries for a week, forcing closure and then rationing stations themselves depending on traffic status would be ideal, and I am suprised that is not on the cards as it leaves room for extortion.

I am of the opinion that all fossil fuels should be used up as soon as possible. Then alternative fuels will no longer be an alternative.

Closing gas stations on the weekends serves no purpose. It is simply a putting a political band-aid on a problem without a current cure.

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
How do Americans differentiate between gas -gasoline and gas -propane. Much clearer to call the former petrol!

Reactions: Bronxboy

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Didn't understand the fart song but i'd just thought I'd stir it up a bit, i filed up with petrol today in case you were worried/

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Didn't understand the fart song but i'd just thought I'd stir it up a bit, i filed up with petrol today in case you were worried/

LOL:bunny:

I just wanted to liven things up knowing that I needed to fill up on gas and, at almost $4.00 a gallon, I am not looking forward to it.;)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
How do Americans differentiate between gas -gasoline and gas -propane. Much clearer to call the former petrol!

No issues in the US as pointed out when speaking of gas (gasoline), propane (for BBQ grills or homes in rural areas) , and natural gas (primarily used to heat homes and to cook with in areas with plumbed supply lines).

Is natural gas which is primarily methane called "gas natural" here?

Back to the thread: Rationing won't work. When the time comes that supplies run out, that is when work will start on a solution.