CMC In Sosua Good Source For PCR Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I started a thread on this yesterday in the North Coast section but it was complicated by a message disputing my report. However, having gone to CMC to clarify the tests they are giving I thought it best to start a new thread since I think this may be of interest to a wider audience.

Covid-19 tests now being given by CMC:

1, The PCR with results in 3 hours (RD$4400)

2. Test by blood with results in 1.5 hours (RD$1198)

Antigen test not being given at this time.

To be tested, go to Emergency and they will direct you to the space they have provided for the testing

No appointment needed, tests are given in order of arrival.

Doctor prescription not necessary

Schedule: 8-5 Monday through Friday, 8 to noon on Saturday

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Well if the PCR test offered by CMC is not the AG-PCR test that is indeed good news for Canadians.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Ken you seem to be confused CMC ag-pcr it is an antigen test... good for USA...no good for Canadians Canadian test rt-pcr

We do the following tests:
CoViD 19 Ag PCR Nasopharyngeal 4400RD
CoViD 19 IGG/IGM in blood 1498RD

The results are ready within 12 hours (sooner if the lab is not busy)
No appointment is required. You can go to the area of emergency, there is someone who will help you with the process.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Why would anyone get the blood test? As far as I know, it's not a PCR test and is not accepted by any country for entry.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Why would anyone get the blood test? As far as I know, it's not a PCR test and is not accepted by any country for entry.
It’s a hospital it does a variety of test not just what expats needs are...people go test for own peace of mind...

Reactions: rubio_higuey

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
It’s a hospital it does a variety of test not just what expats needs are...people go test for own peace of mind...
The OT is PCR tests and most posters and readers here are interested in what type of test they need to return to their country. Talking about all these other tests just seems to add to mass confusion.

Reactions: thompstr
My wife went yesterday to CMC and it was the AG PCR test (nasal swab) that will not be accepted in Canada by west jet 100% and maybe not by AIR Transat anymore but it was accepted last monday by them when I went and it is accepted by many other Countries including the US. CMC is looking into getting the LAMP COVID test soon which is accepted by Canada but as of yesterday CMC did not have that test.
Antibody tests or Antigen tests are not accepted by Canada. The AG part ahead of the PCR at CMC would stand for Antigen.
Canada accepts RT-PCR and LAMP COVID tests.

Reactions: windeguy

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
The blood test only came up because it is one of the options offered by CMC. Apparently some Canadian Travelers tried to use that test to board their flight and were turned away. Other quick tests also use blood like some tests offered by Puerto Plata Labs in Sosua. I'm still not convinced that CMC offers a useful test for Canadians wanting to fly to Canada but I am open to the possibility that they do or someday will. I just haven't heard of anyone walking out of CMC with an RT-PCR test yet or any other PCR test that is acceptable to the airlines or the Cdn Govt. CMC not being listed on the list of accredited labs published by the Canadian Embassy might be a good indication that CMC is not a good choice at this time.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
CMC is fine for the new USA requirements with the AG-PCR test.

CMC is still not a good source for tests that Canadians need to get into Canada. Maybe that will change in a week or two.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
The blood test only came up because it is one of the options offered by CMC. Apparently some Canadian Travelers tried to use that test to board their flight and were turned away. Other quick tests also use blood like some tests offered by Puerto Plata Labs in Sosua. I'm still not convinced that CMC offers a useful test for Canadians wanting to fly to Canada but I am open to the possibility that they do or someday will. I just haven't heard of anyone walking out of CMC with an RT-PCR test yet or any other PCR test that is acceptable to the airlines or the Cdn Govt. CMC not being listed on the list of accredited labs published by the Canadian Embassy might be a good indication that CMC is not a good choice at this time.
I’m confused why you are confused? cmc doesn’t offer a valid test to Canada period end of story..in the very near future they will equipment was ordered..

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
After doing some digging it appears "corona virus 19 PCR negative test results"
are becoming a little more difficult to find on Google Images. I wonder why?
1610826050135.png

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I always knew that the 72 hour time frame from test to flight was going to be a problem in addition to getting to the right place to get the right type of test. We live here so we understand how slow some processes are. The Cdn Govt seems to think that these developing countries can process covid tests per day on par with the number they are doing in the first world. This is only the beginning. Many more Canadians are not going to make under the wire until the acceptable types of tests are expanded. Unfortunately I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this type of change to the rules. There is always going to be the risk of a false positive. Travelers need to inform the embassy here in the DR that the constraints are nearly impossible to meet given the time limitations currently in place and the reality on the ground here. As more and more travelers get tested the delays to get the result will only increase. Maybe these testing clinics need a VIP fee to pay staff to stay longer and process the tests for airlines within 48 hours.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I’m confused why you are confused? cmc doesn’t offer a valid test to Canada period end of story..in the very near future they will equipment was ordered..
I'm not confused. I am couching my words carefully as someone has already suggested that the info I posted was incorrect when in fact it was spot on.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Ken you seem to be confused CMC ag-pcr it is an antigen test... good for USA...no good for Canadians Canadian test rt-pcr

We do the following tests:
CoViD 19 Ag PCR Nasopharyngeal 4400RD
CoViD 19 IGG/IGM in blood 1498RD

The results are ready within 12 hours (sooner if the lab is not busy)
No appointment is required. You can go to the area of emergency, there is someone who will help you with the process.
You say "we do the following tests". Who is we? Are you from CMC?

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
People like me have no intention of leaving the DR for anywhere at the moment, but might wish to get tested at some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.