codel dsl line

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
... hmmm. Thinking of it, I had a similar problem with cable TV... and I was complaining at the cable company all the time, until they came by, electronically measured the cables and found them "bad" and thus replaced them... never ever had a bad channel again (beats me, how a bad cable can work for some channels and not for others, but it did).

Mice, cucarachas... who knows?

While I don't understand it well, I am going to try trying the Open DNS suggestion first (thanks), and tres pasitos next.

... J-D.

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
Me again. Well, I tried to connect to the internet all day long and couldn't get it to work. I specifically wanted my husband to read what rubio was writing about and my response to make sure I had the issues correct. Now, he is at work. But I did ask him about the reclamation. He already did that. Maybe that's when they sent the line guy out (4th trip) rather than the internet guy. Who knows. All I DO know is that we are supposed to be getting money off the next bill for the days we were totally without the internet. What bugs the crap out of me now is what do I get off for it working only a few hours a day during the night and never during the day? And how can my problem be resolved without tearing down the house and rebuilding the wall???? (Remember, I'm renting/owner lives abroad.)

So rubio, if you read this response, please let me know if you can give me that contact person at codetel because I'm sure that at the rate this thing is working, it's only a matter of a few days (maybe not even that) before I can no longer connect at all. Then you may see me walking down the main street butt-naked......(o.k. that's a drastic reaction but still).....

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
That's funny; I won't even get into my cable tv issues. We're so exhausted from going to Telecable and complaining, even upstairs in the office, and having guys come to our house to act like they're doing something; only to get in the truck and take off and never come back without even saying a single word. And still, we have to pay the bill in full; no money off for days/channels not working. I've given up on the cable and now I've just settled for two stations (abc and cnn). And that's when it's not raining.

Feb 7, 2007
Trabajadora, can you please post for me your modem log:
You have speadstream router, right?

http://10.0.0.1/syslogshow.htm

paste and copy please

from your replies above I get a feeling your "DSL" light stays steady and the problem is with your "activity" light... that might mean the (outside) line is not at issue after all. To be completely sure please post the log for me.
P.S. if, at any moment, there is an inside wiring issue, codetel will not make itself responsible and will charge you the outcall rate (I think 500 pesos) for the tech visit. So to be completely sure... post the log for me please

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Oh no... please, no modem logs. Can you fellows pm this to one another please? Any other tips or hints, yes, they're welcome, but I cannot think of anything more boring than a modem log! :ermm:

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
Update.. I'm back!!

Boy did I miss the site. My system was totally out of commission since Friday; DSL line was no longer functioning at all. So once again my husband called Jodetel to let them know that after 5 visits from various technicians with no working solution, we were cancelling our phone service and internet service and taking our business elsewhere. After a 40 minute conversation, they asked that we give them one last try and promised to send out someone with more expertise in problem-solving. So today we had a 6th technician here. The problem we have is totally due to the faulty, shabby, cheap and inept installation of all wiring in the house when it was constructed. Obviously the owner/builder cut every single corner he could think of to save money. That's why our cable t.v. connections don't work as well. A few months ago we had to have new electrical wall sockets replaced throughout the kitchen, diningroom and master bedroom because they either didn't work any more or we were getting sparks upon plugging appliances into them. So the lines for the phone/internet connections are the same. Keep in mind, the house is only 2 years old.

Anyway, the kind technician who was here today did a fix (possibly temporary, but at least it's working) which involves the line coming inside a window and stretching across the room, into the hallway and into the computer room. I know, ridiculous but at least there are no kids to trip and fall over this crazy setup. Now I just have to make sure my doggie doesn't decide to chew on it. BUT, I'm back and happy about it. I missed you guys!