Codotel / Verizon / Electrical...not worth it

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Thanks,

For the prices, I have learned that prices from Codotel vary from Satnto Domingo to POP with a huge increase on the POP side.

Money is not an issue but quality is.

For what service?

If it's DSL from Codetel your talking about, then sorry, your wrong.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Codetel DSL is fairly reliable here in SD, it doesn't go out here and I have a pretty good ping time reply, no latency.

What is bad news for those who like to download movies and music through P2P programs (Kazaa, Edonkey, Utorrent) is that Codetel have some Quality of Service (QoS) equipment that control that kind of traffic, almost blocking it out entirely, so they could use their bandwidth to give priority to Business DSL lines and HTTP traffic (Explorer, Firefox, browsing in general). Tricom has the same stuff too, I'm thinking about moving to MaxOne, lol.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Codetel DSL is fairly reliable here in SD, it doesn't go out here and I have a pretty good ping time reply, no latency.

What is bad news for those who like to download movies and music through P2P programs (Kazaa, Edonkey, Utorrent) is that Codetel have some Quality of Service (QoS) equipment that control that kind of traffic, almost blocking it out entirely, so they could use their bandwidth to give priority to Business DSL lines and HTTP traffic (Explorer, Firefox, browsing in general). Tricom has the same stuff too, I'm thinking about moving to MaxOne, lol.

if you want to downlad movies go to graboid.com free trial membership and i was so pleased i download 10-12 movies per month at a flat rate of only $4.95........tell him what he's won johnny.

My cup is always 3/4 Full...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

I have been downloading movies here for six years. I use UTorrent 1.8, tweaked to the max. I have no problems attaining 1.6 down at night when the seeds are there. Of course there is a small program I use, which no one ever heard of that allows me to also surf normally while downloading movies. CFosSpeed is the ticket my friend, along with Claro's 1.5 Plan.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I have been downloading movies here for six years. I use UTorrent 1.8, tweaked to the max. I have no problems attaining 1.6 down at night when the seeds are there. Of course there is a small program I use, which no one ever heard of that allows me to also surf normally while downloading movies. CFosSpeed is the ticket my friend, along with Claro's 1.5 Plan.

Then 1.5 it is Thanks!

Graboid Video Watch TV Episodes and Movies Online .....5 free movies for anyone that sees this.......no limited time offer

gracias all to all a good night

PlantaFULL

Oct 21, 2004
Codetel have some Quality of Service (QoS) equipment that control that kind of traffic, almost blocking it out entirely, so they could use their bandwidth to give priority to Business DSL lines and HTTP traffic (Explorer, Firefox, browsing in general). Tricom has the same stuff too.

I'm on tricom/telecable. What they do is throttle odd/high ports, regardless what app runs on it, legit or not (I mean something like port 32459 will always be capped to 10kb or so). Running torrents for example on port 21 or 80 works fine.

Is Codetel doing something more elaborate these days?

Feb 7, 2007

I don't use spyware-junk like Kazaa edonkey torrent etc.

I pay 5 euro monthly for Rapidshare.com premium access and I find anything I want through Search Files on Rapidshare, Megaupload, SendSpace, ZShare and file hosting websites - ShareMiner.com

I can download constantly at 1mbps via rapidshare, with download resume support. During a night with a comp on, I can download 3 ripped movies.
Nice thing is you're downloading physical file from a physical server, and good thing is it's http download.

Feb 7, 2007
CFosSpeed is the ticket my friend, along with Claro's 1.5 Plan.

I have heard good things about this program, I have even downloaded it, the problem is here in Higuey the pings are blocked for some reason so it makes the program useless (as it needs ping data to tweak traffic patterns).

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I have heard good things about this program, I have even downloaded it, the problem is here in Higuey the pings are blocked for some reason so it makes the program useless (as it needs ping data to tweak traffic patterns).

Works for me in Sosua.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I don't use spyware-junk like Kazaa edonkey torrent etc.

I pay 5 euro monthly for Rapidshare.com premium access and I find anything I want through Search Files on Rapidshare, Megaupload, SendSpace, ZShare and file hosting websites - ShareMiner.com

I can download constantly at 1mbps via rapidshare, with download resume support. During a night with a comp on, I can download 3 ripped movies.
Nice thing is you're downloading physical file from a physical server, and good thing is it's http download.

rapidshare is very good!