Compact digital camara

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Like Ken said, there are a lot of very good cameras out there for you to choose from. I can definitely recommend the Panasonic Lumix line. No matter which one you choose, definitely invest in the largest memory card your camera will support (check the manual) and an extra rechargeable battery!

Preston

My wife and I have each had one for over a year with no regrets.

Nathanial

Mar 1, 2013
United States
There are many companies are making the digital cameras and all the cameras are very good result with heavy Mega Pixels but the two companies which i like and i am also using this company's camera is Nikon and Canon i am using Nikon D700 and this is good digital camera and have a good result ...

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
I agree, Bob... in fact ALL cameras have strong points and weak points... even my favorite Nikon D3s. The very best camera for anyone is the model that they will use the most and enjoy all the photos they've taken. :)

That is a great point to make about looking at the subjects you want to take before buying the camera especially if you want to focus on a particular type of photo taking (sorry couldn't resist the pun). I have a D3 and I agree with Glenn even high dollar cameras aren't all positive, although the D series is pretty close :)

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
OK... I'm going to comment again even though this ZOMBIE thread is over a year old.

Since I make my living with them, and for a while it was necessary to up grade with each new generation, I've got.. D1's, D2hs, D3 (still my fav for most work), D7000's (for when I'm too lazy to carry and use the bigger D3 and accompanying big heavy glass)....

BUT... just got back from P.C. last night... wanna know what camera I carried? (and used more than I ever would have used the big DSLR's).... my little, waterproof pocket sized Lumix. great little camera which I bought to replace the Fuji waterproof that has focus problems. Nikon makes one also... don't remember the model number though. Take it on the beach... in the surf... in my sweaty hands... in the sand.... in the SHOWER... (wooo hooo... lol) doesn't matter... works great.