Confirmed- People being denied entry for overstaying tourist visa

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You have to understand that if they deny entry to anyone the DR must put him on a plane home and PAY for that flight. You think they are ready to send thousands back and pay?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Remember not to get confused between tourist card and tourist visa. Tourist card costs US$10 and is valid for 30 days. A tourist visa is for those who come from countries who do not qualify for a tourist card and for those who want to stay more than 30 days. It is valid for 60 days and available on line for a single or multiple entry.

http://www.consuladord.com/contenidos.aspx?cid=59&lang=ES

Matilda

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Sure. I'm the director of a transportation company in Punta Cana. Puerto Rican born to Dominican Parents. These clients rent a house in Cocotal every year for march and april, and then go back home to Canada. We have the contract for quite a few villas and these clients we've transported every year for the past 4 years.

When I'm not in DR1 you can find me either terminal A or B in PUJ Airport. :classic:

And where exactly are you located in Terminal A or B? Since you are director of a company why not post the info here so we can give you some more business?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Remember not to get confused between tourist card and tourist visa. Tourist card costs US$10 and is valid for 30 days. A tourist visa is for those who come from countries who do not qualify for a tourist card and for those who want to stay more than 30 days. It is valid for 60 days and available on line for a single or multiple entry.

Matilda

Bingo......................

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
What will it take to satisfy your "confirmed case" requirement. Is it even possible to get such confirmation?

The lady on youtube saying she had problems entering the DR as an overstayer, a few reports here and there over the past couple months where other DRones have seen people being detained or queried and now this gentleman reporting that as recently as yesterday or the day before, two Canadians he went to pick up at the airport were denied entry and sent back to Canada after coming here regularly and staying longer than 30 days.

What kind of proof will it take?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
You have to understand that if they deny entry to anyone the DR must put him on a plane home and PAY for that flight. You think they are ready to send thousands back and pay?

That's not true. You can choose to "self-deport" and leave on your own, or you can sit in a jail(and rot) until you are officially deported. In the latter case, yes, the DR would have to pay to send you back. I think most people would choose the first option.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
More than someone on You Tube, or a guy with 27 posts that tells us he is a director in Terminal A or B..........

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
That's not true. You can choose to "self-deport" and leave on your own, or you can sit in a jail until you are officially deported. In the latter case, yes, the DR would have to pay to send you back.

Again, not true. I do know someone that was denied entry at PUJ. But not for overstaying a tourist Visa. They put him on a plane home and he did not pay. This had nothing to do with any Visa.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014

Not true. If the DR deports someone who has been granted admission to the country, the DR pays. Thus the need for resident foreigners to provide insurance to cover deportaqtion costs now.

If the DR denies entry to a passenger, the onus is on the airline to repatriate that foreigner back to the country they came from.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

Matilda

Really too bad more people don't choose that route.... for a vacation

doesn't solve the problem in the crosshairs here.... chronic overstayers- interlopers-illegals
call it what you will

A legit visitor is one thing....

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Not true. If the DR deports someone who has been granted admission to the country, the DR pays. Thus the need for resident foreigners to provide insurance to cover deportaqtion costs now.

If the DR denies entry to a passenger, the onus is on the airline to repatriate that foreigner back to the country they came from.

OK .Then if this is true all Airlines would have to confirm in advance that the passenger has never overstayed a Visa. Like asking for your passport before you fly on any airline. Have the airlines started this procedure yet?

Because if the onus is on the airline they would have to be sure the client gets in the DR.

jjp6632

Nov 3, 2017
No Problem. I work between terminal A and B depending on Needs. If you have any issues you can call me or send me a PM. If you want my business card, I can give it to you as well. Would you like a website? Tripadvisor page? Numero de cedula?

I have nothing to gain from trying to help people. I'm far from a clown. Anything else?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

Oh No !!

not the old 'return ticket' ploy again.....

or "length of stay ' question on the immigration form ??

jjp6632

Nov 3, 2017
Also- Read the post Director of a touristic transport company. Not director of a terminal. Nice try though.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
OK .Then if this is true all Airlines would have to confirm in advance that the passenger has never overstayed a Visa. Like asking for your passport before you fly on any airline. Have the airlines started this procedure yet?

That is the dumbest post I have seen -- EVER

YES !!!
the airlines are obliged to confirm a return ticket -- FACT!!

Do they ??
Not always... so it must be legal

Soory to be so blunt - butt... clearly you need to study up a bit

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Finally - the real DR1 has returned

I haven't had this much fun with my clothes on for a looong time

hahahaha

Gracias a jjp

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014

Because if the onus is on the airline they would have to be sure the client gets in the DR.

That's why some airlines ask if you have a return ticket before giving you a boarding pass. The airlines that don't are gambling. The responsibility to ensure that non-residents have a return ticket and the obligation repatriate undesirables is contained in the agreement that grants landing rights to the airlines. Perhaps not every agreement is identical but it's one of those standard clauses, if we don't like who you bring, you get to take them away.

Status
Not open for further replies.