Confused on Renewal of Residency

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
thanks 4 your answers always

but what I don't like is that the Migracion website says something different Direccion General de Migracion, this makes it all confusing

sorry, but i don't see what differences you see.
the renewals of the premanent residency are done without a additional med examination, but anyways not important to your case.
your link shows the procedure when a permanent resident with more than 10 years of permanent residency want's to get that "definitive residency", i cant comment on that one as i am still on my permanent residency til 2021 and sure will not change that already paid for status, but your link states just the requisits you have to bring/provide to change from your pemanent residency status to the definitive residency status, and that looks fine and painless.
i don't get your question?

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
no,
permanent residency was the always existing form of residency(after a new resident had for just one year the temporary residency, after that one year of temp residency the same med exams been done again and the permanent residency been given.
the residencia definitiva been not existent by that time(at least i never heard about it til recently).
they changed a lot on their residency rules during the last couple years and they are still on the change, trying some things and then modifying that by feedback/experienced results.

Mike

palito de koko

Nov 23, 2013
To whom it might concern

I went yesterday to migracion in Sto dgo, arrived around 145pm, went to casilla 1 (the one that says pago examenes medicos), handed over my expired residency and told them that I had my first permanent residency prior to 1996, I had to fill out a document, put my fingerprints on it, then paid 8000 rds and now I can pick up my new residency next week. Left the building around 3pm

Easy as cake it was

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yes, i was very lucky to get mine renewed for 10 years in one sweep on the last renewal, been later on told that they renewed for 10 years only for a very short time frame and then stopped it again. i guess a renewal never again gets cheaper, specially considering that i don't need to travel for any renewal for 10 consecutive years. til then they may be more advanced and send the Cards by e-Mail, hehe.
but also during the times when i had to renew every two years, as no med exam or such been necessary, it was completely painless, never a hassle. as i live in punta cana, on the old roads quiet a hike away, it was every 2 years a visit to the behated Capital City for renewal and then some shopping to make the fuel spent worth the ride.

Mike

palito de koko

Nov 23, 2013
When I renewed in 2009, I had a few options; for 2 years, for 4 years, for 6 years, for 8 years and for 10 years. I only had enough money to renew for 4 years, so that is what I did

Yesterday I only had the option to renew for 4 years

Nobody in Migracion told me about the residencia definitiva (Direccion General de Migracion)