Confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

puropapi3

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 1, 2004
DRInMySoul said:
nothin' wrong with being retentive....unless ur constantly like that about everything...but anyway!! thanx for da back-up :hurt: :)

but even if i was goin to ridicule certain aspects of our culture i wouldnt go and ridicule the poor...it would be a hit against poor ppl all over the world, my family and myself

Well said.

puropapi3

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 1, 2004
Anybody got an opinion on that?

haitianobeisbol said:
Ive pondered somthing like that before and let me give you my opinion:

If you were born in the US with Dominican born parents and you grew up speaking spanish first and learning all the customs and culture of DR, then there is no reason why you shouldnt be considered a "TRUE" domincan.

Here is a case with one of my friends who is Puerto Rican......(dont worry, im only making a point, it can apply to any nationality, so to the harsh people dont jump on me because i am mentioning PR).......Anywayz, His parents were Puerto Rican and they both sadly died of aids but my friend didnt have it and he has been raised by his grandmother, aunts, uncles in different times and recently during his teem years been living with a friend of his. He doesnt know spanish, he doesnt know the culture that much and has never been to P.R. and we grew up in NYC so he knows the tough ghetto street but still managed to recently graduate HS on time with me.....

..... My point is that i never considered him Puerto Rican that much because he didnt grow up PR. He may look it but he doesnt have any other "characteristics" of it. Thats 1 view.

Another view is lets say there is a Haitian. He is born in Haiti and immediatly moved to DR as a baby. So he grows up "Dominican" and knows spanish and everything else about being from DR. If you were to meet a guy like that, WHAT WOULD YOU CONSIDER HIM? I would have to say Dominican because that is all he knows and thats his mindset.

What would the rest of you consider this man, Dominican or Haitian?

P.S. What would you consider my freind?

Hey i never had that question answered.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
un gringo dominicano

My father was born in Tomasique, Haiti, when that territory across the Artibonite river was part of the Dominican Republic. My father lived in exile in Venezuela, where I was born. When I registered my fist Dominican born child, Aroa, in the Oficial?a del Estado Civil (El Huacalito) in Santo Domingo, in spite of my strong protestations (including the Oficial Civil and her legal staff), my nationality was registered in my son's birth certificate as Venezuelan, only because my c?dula says I was born in Caracas. And when I'm in the land of my ancestors in San Juan de la Maguana and Azua, many insist on calling me 'gringo' because of my white skin and blue eyes.

Mirador

puropapi3

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 1, 2004
Mirador said:
My father was born in Tomasique, Haiti, when that territory across the Artibonite river was part of the Dominican Republic. My father lived in exile in Venezuela, where I was born. When I registered my fist Dominican born child, Aroa, in the Oficial?a del Estado Civil (El Huacalito) in Santo Domingo, in spite of my strong protestations (including the Oficial Civil and her legal staff), my nationality was registered in my son's birth certificate as Venezuelan, only because my c?dula says I was born in Caracas. And when I'm in the land of my ancestors in San Juan de la Maguana and Azua, many insist on calling me 'gringo' because of my white skin and blue eyes.

Mirador

Wow, thats very mixed up but what do you consider yourself and what do you think about that other question asked by haitianobaseball guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.