Consent of Parent to leave Dominican Republic

SJSantos

Oct 9, 2006
This question is for Mr. Guzman please.

My step-daughter who is 4 years old has been granted a ViSA for Permanent Residency in Canada.

My husband who is Dominican will be travelling down to get her.
My husband has a signed document that states the mother has no objections for her daughter to move to Canada Permanently. It also states that there is no custody orders in the Dominican Republic that would prevent her daughter from moving there.

It was signed by the mother, a lawyer in Santo Domingo and it was signed and notarized by a Notary Public for Distrito Nacional. This was done last year in April 2008 for the immigration process to Canada.

Will this be sufficient or do we need another document for my husband to take his daughter out of the Dominican Republic?

My husband will be leaving for the DR on Sunday.

Thank you for your help.
Sandy

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Better be safe

Maybe you will have no problem leaving, but there are regulations regarding this, and they are very specific.

Everything you ever wanted to know of the subject can be found at this web site.

DGM

If you do not know Spanish, try babel fish, it will do a so so job of translation.

Depending on if you know how to move around in Santo Domingo, this process could be done in a few days.

Where's the birth mother?

Better to have it than to get to the airport thinking your on your way and some newbie migration person decides to ask for documentation of exit permission.

g'luck

SJSantos

Oct 9, 2006
Maybe you will have no problem leaving, but there are regulations regarding this, and they are very specific.

Everything you ever wanted to know of the subject can be found at this web site.

DGM

g'luck

Thanks for this information! Mother is in the Dominican. Looks like we might just have to add copies of the identification for my husband and the mother to complete the requirements. There is a phone number to call. I will have my husband call there tomorrow!

Thanks again for this website and directing me to it!
Sandy