Conservative & Liberals

rey

Jan 2, 2007
Question regarding domincan politics and CULTURE , which ones are the conservative and which one are the liberals ?

Is it ? PRM , PLD , LFP , PRD ,

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
No difference, rey.

I could go on with details regarding true leftist parties and movements and their right-wing opposites of yore, but I feel you're not really curious.

M4kintosh

May 23, 2023
Santiago De Los Caballeros
Question regarding domincan politics and CULTURE , which ones are the conservative and which one are the liberals ?

Is it ? PRM , PLD , LFP , PRD ,

There's none of such difference in DR politics. Politicians are more of centre rather than taking extremes (left or right). And they behave like Harvey Dent/Two faces all the time: reformers and progressive when do opposition; liberals/traditionals when in power. And baby... it's all about the money.

Reactions: CristoRey and rey

rey

Jan 2, 2007
There's none of such difference in DR politics. Politicians are more of centre rather than taking extremes (left or right). And they behave like Harvey Dent/Two faces all the time: reformers and progressive when do opposition; liberals/traditionals when in power. And baby... it's all about the money.
Good input

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
No difference, rey.

I could go on with details regarding true leftist parties and movements and their right-wing opposites of yore, but I feel you're not really curious.
No just creating endless and mostly pointless threads asking questions ad nauseum.
If Rey left his apartment and actually experienced life more in person, not only could he learn more, he'd have less time to post.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Not Human 2.jpg

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The DR is more tilted towards the center-right. So when people say most are in the center, in other countries, particularly in Europe, their policies would fit better in the conservative or right side of politics.

Believe it or not, the ability of the country to remain stable in one aspect of the political spectrum since at least after Juan Bosch's presidency, is the reason the country has economically grown more than most other Latin American countries, and the reason the DR is among the countries that converges the most with other countries in the region. If the DR would had been more like Argentina, which basically has a crisis every decade, the country wouldn't had changed much than how Trujillo left it in 1961.

Last edited:

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
No just creating endless and mostly pointless threads asking questions ad nauseum.
If Rey left his apartment and actually experienced life more in person, not only could he learn more, he'd have less time to post.
This is actually an interesting thread, perhaps by accident but interesting to me nonetheless.

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
Several years ago, on another thread about the elections, I asked what the difference was between the major parties. Another poster, whose name escapes me, told me that the only difference is who gets paid. The more I've learned about D.R., the more I've come to appreciate that.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Several years ago, on another thread about the elections, I asked what the difference was between the major parties. Another poster, whose name escapes me, told me that the only difference is who gets paid. The more I've learned about D.R., the more I've come to appreciate that.
When speaking about the 16 year reign of the PLD, I agree however the current administration seems to a bit more focused on accomplishing their stated goals of bringing the DR into the 21st Century.

Reactions: JD Jones

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
I think Rey is on DR1's payroll 😁 Gotta create 3 threads a day to keep the board alive.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
and I think you're a jellyfish.
I also think you are smart enough share your opinion without the bait.
Ok, the current government screwed up on public education from the getgo. Appointed a highly corrupted union guy as minister of education. If they had selected the current guy they might have been able to improve education. They also got rid of almost all the school district administrators and appointed a bunch of yoyos that didnt know SFA.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
I think the DR is developing in some areas. In others not so much. Education and health care is lacking. And a large group of people are left behind.

M4kintosh

May 23, 2023
Santiago De Los Caballeros
Speaking of bringing the DR into the 21st Century...

Its not the first contract. Abinader administration has favored tech companies so far with dozens of contracts:

- Uber + Intrant: https://n.com.do/2021/03/19/abinader-preside-firma-de-acuerdo-entre-uber-e-intrant
- Waze + Gov: https://dominicantoday.com/dr/local...se-waze-platform-to-reduce-traffic-accidents/
- Gov + Mastercard: https://robertocavada.com/nacionales/2022/06/09/luis-abinader-se-reune-con-ejecutivos-de-mastercard/
Plus agreements with Microsoft, Visa, Mio, ProV and other tech/fintech related companies in sectors like logistics, public transportation, education and nearshoring.