Cooking with tapwater?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
In Santiago, the local water authority provides potable water to tankers for human consumption. This is then taken to residences and country houses for storage. Only really rip off artists would use untreated river water for thuman consumption.

HB

lajackael

Dec 12, 2004
pages.prodigy.net
Santiago Residence available

I have lived in DR for 2 years with my wife who is Dominican. We met in NJ and married in Virginia five years ago. When we moved here we purchased a three bedroom home that was new(in a new housing developement). We lived in that house for three months until our dream house was built. Now that we have moved into that dream house we have a three bedroom house that is sitting "EMPTY". I had it completely repainted two weeks ago. We just put it on the market for sale about five months ago. We would rent to Americans if someone was interested for $500.00. The house has a stove and a complete water system set up(the pump and tinecan(bad spelling) are ready to go.
When we moved here in Gurabo, we were the only people in our development. Now the "Private" urbanization has over thirty houses and close to twenty occupied. It will soon be gated with a guard. Presently we have cable, high speed internet access and telephone. 809 351 0509 cell

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Yep

my new diet plan, gonna make a million with this one :D, get a parasite...lose 30 pounds:cheeky:[/quo

Had a man that worked for me . He got the parasite in Mexico. Lost the 30 lbs. and then some. First couple of months back on the job spent so much time in the toilet I was thinking of reducing his salary in half. Then he started to past blood. Entered the hospital for dehydration and spent one month in hospital
Total time on "diet"--7 months.
john

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
In Santiago, the local water authority provides potable water to tankers for human consumption. This is then taken to residences and country houses for storage. Only really rip off artists would use untreated river water for thuman consumption.

HB
You can count your lucky stars.
That's not what they do in Sosua.
Here, they park in the river, fill up the truck, and go deliver it.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Who Cares What Water You Drink???

Do You "Eat PU$$Y"?.... Do You "Suck "RICHARD"???

If you do,and who doesn't???, the water you drink is of little consequence!!

I say; "Go right to the "Source"!!!

I have been,"Eating At The "Y" in the DR for over 20 years! Never seemed to make me "SICK"! Wouldn't stop if it did!!! "Yummie!"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Do You "Eat PU$$Y"?.... Do You "Suck "RICHARD"???

If you do,and who doesn't???, the water you drink is of little consequence!!

I say; "Go right to the "Source"!!!

I have been,"Eating At The "Y" in the DR for over 20 years! Never seemed to make me "SICK"! Wouldn't stop if it did!!! "Yummie!"
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Always so subtle.
Couldn't you spell it out for those of us who can't read between the lines?
I mean, tell us what you're really saying.
Give us the graphic details.

Tuan

Aug 28, 2004
In Indonesia we had a full time servant just to boil and filter well water.
It was boiled and let stand 20 minutes, then put 3 levels of ceramic filters.
Here we wash veggies in lime water. that's enough.
Wash them in chlorined water if you haven't got limes.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
In Indonesia we had a full time servant just to boil and filter well water.
It was boiled and let stand 20 minutes, then put 3 levels of ceramic filters.
Here we wash veggies in lime water. that's enough.
Wash them in chlorined water if you haven't got limes.

lime water = Ca(OH)2(aq) or aquous calcium hydroxide.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Omg!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I think I would much rather examine my sh**, than reread CC's post !

Gross!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marlie:ermm:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
My fiance's mother, a fine woman of 78 living in a fine, modern apartment in Santiago, has a daily ritual she's performed nearly her entire life: she boils a large pot of water on the stove, and when it has cooled she meticulously takes a tin cup, scoops up the water, and slowly pours it back into the pot...over and over again, hundreds of times... to "put air in the water" that got lost while boiling it to make it drinkable.:)

Do folks use reverse osmosis under-sink filters in the DR-not just a carbon filter-or are they just too expensive and require too much water pressure?

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
... meticulously takes a tin cup, scoops up the water, and slowly pours it back into the pot...over and over again, hundreds of times... QUOTE]

Obviously a symptom of senility or OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder), albeit harmless..

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
... meticulously takes a tin cup, scoops up the water, and slowly pours it back into the pot...over and over again, hundreds of times... QUOTE]

Obviously a symptom of senility or OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder), albeit harmless..
She's been doing it every day since she got married many years ago. Her old way of producing potable water, a habit left over from life in el campo.