CORAAPPLATA road destruction of main highway underway

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
To add to the destroyed road going up to Hispaniola Estates, CORAAPLATA has now excavated in front of Playero and a couple of spots on the highway up from Sosua Beach.

One section while heading east from Caribe Tours forces you into on-coming traffic or you hit the sign they put up. What morons.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

May 10, 2024​

Attention drivers!

Attention drivers!

Attention drivers!​

The Coraapplata team (Coraapplata, water company) is busy with repair work on the water network on the connecting road between El Batey and Los Charamicos in Sosúa. Stay calm, it will lead to a large traffic jam on this busy road. Coraaplata continues to operate near the steps to the beach.​

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

April 27, 2024​

Drinking water problems

The maintenance team of CORAAPPLATA (water company) is working hard in Sosúa to resolve a break in the 6-inch drinking water pipe on Pedro Clisante street, on the corner of Minerva Mirabal street. To optimize the services offered to the population, several drinking water disruptions have also been resolved in the sectors of Sosúa Abajo, La Boca de La Cañada and at the entrance to Los Charamicos. But in the community of La Piedra and La Gallera in Sosúa they haven’t received a drop of water for several days now. Community members Berto Piedra and Ulises are the only ones who help when they can. They connect a long-distance pump with several linked hoses and can thus help their beloved neighbors.​

Drinking water problems

Drinking water problems​

Those affected appeal to CORAAPPLATA, come here please and put things in order so that they receive water again.​

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
To add to the destroyed road going up to Hispaniola Estates, CORAAPLATA has now excavated in front of Playero and a couple of spots on the highway up from Sosua Beach.

One section while heading east from Caribe Tours forces you into on-coming traffic or you hit the sign they put up. What morons.
I saw the one in front of Playero when I was leaving Tuesday morning. It had traffic backed up almost to Caribe Tours

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

The one in front of Playero was not Corraplata

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Coraapplata dug up half the main road in the Callejon de la Loma barrio in Cabarete months ago. They still haven't done anything about re-paving it. It's a busy, crowded road and made all the more difficult with this mess.

Why don't Coraapplata have an obligation to fix what they destroy?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Coraapplata dug up half the main road in the Callejon de la Loma barrio in Cabarete months ago. They still haven't done anything about re-paving it. It's a busy, crowded road and made all the more difficult with this mess.

Why don't Coraapplata have an obligation to fix what they destroy?
I've been taking the back road into the Callejón to avoid that mess. I thought for sure it would be fix by the election but I guess the junta there and most of the voters aren't Abinader supporters - so they're being punished.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete

April 27, 2024​

Drinking water problems

The maintenance team of CORAAPPLATA (water company) is working hard in Sosúa to resolve a break in the 6-inch drinking water pipe on Pedro Clisante street, on the corner of Minerva Mirabal street. To optimize the services offered to the population, several drinking water disruptions have also been resolved in the sectors of Sosúa Abajo, La Boca de La Cañada and at the entrance to Los Charamicos. But in the community of La Piedra and La Gallera in Sosúa they haven’t received a drop of water for several days now. Community members Berto Piedra and Ulises are the only ones who help when they can. They connect a long-distance pump with several linked hoses and can thus help their beloved neighbors.​

Drinking water problems

Drinking water problems​

Those affected appeal to CORAAPPLATA, come here please and put things in order so that they receive water again.​

Just wait and see how long it will be before any of the work is paved over when done. Coraapplata will just dump a lot of escombra in there and it will be a muddy, rough, pothole-filled mess for a long time to come.

Reactions: drstock

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
And people wonder why I (and others) advice against living on the NC.. it's not that it doesn't happen in other parts of the country it's just that in reality these are small communities and because there is ONLY one road, if your heading from Sosúa to POP or the other way around there's NO WAY around it, you HAVE to pass it, so everyone in this area is affected by it. That is one reason why although I only live technically 5 minutes away from Playero and Super Pola I prefer to do my grocery shopping in POP....

Reactions: Seamonkey

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
And people wonder why I (and others) advice against living on the NC.. it's not that it doesn't happen in other parts of the country it's just that in reality these are small communities and because there is ONLY one road, if your heading from Sosúa to POP or the other way around there's NO WAY around it, you HAVE to pass it, so everyone in this area is affected by it. That is one reason why although I only live technically 5 minutes away from Playero and Super Pola I prefer to do my grocery shopping in POP....
I cannot agree more. Not another person should move to the north coast. We already have too many.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
So I agree that the work they carry out is just stupid... I now realize that I may be promoting living in NC as even though we visit Cabarete, that's like 1-3 a year tops... Other than that, my NC equals the city of POP and what's between POP and Santiago... Nevertheless, it is part of the NC area and the largest city in the north... I also agree that as many expats and others may be looking into Cabarete and even further to live in NC, threads such as this are good to keep in mind... That's definitely incompetent what they are doing...

Perhaps, once the supposed autopista is opened (if it is?), things change?

HS10

Feb 17, 2008
Camino Liibre (the road to Hispaniola) is worse than ever. I can barely get by with my car, I've been using my Jeep. It's been 9 months now since they dug it up. No accountability by anybody in this town.
It is a disgusting disgrace what they have done with this road and it keeps getting worse.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So I agree that the work they carry out is just stupid... I now realize that I may be promoting living in NC as even though we visit Cabarete, that's like 1-3 a year tops... Other than that, my NC equals the city of POP and what's between POP and Santiago... Nevertheless, it is part of the NC area and the largest city in the north... I also agree that as many expats and others may be looking into Cabarete and even further to live in NC, threads such as this are good to keep in mind... That's definitely incompetent what they are doing...

Perhaps, once the supposed autopista is opened (if it is?), things change?
The alleged Amber Highway to shorten the distance and time from the Gran Parada to Santiago.
The started and abandoned Cabarete Bypass,
The limitations of Janets, Pola and Playero for food shopping
CMC love it or hate it and go to Bournigal, HOMS, etc..
The mentioned plans for the widening of Route 5 to 4 lanes from Puerto Plata through Cabarete....
The destruction of the squalor on Sosua Beach to be replaced by modern plazas sometime in the next lifetime at current pace
The incompetence of Edenorte
The incompetence of CORAAPPLATA
The already too high traffic that is getting worse as more of the dozens of projects are sold

I am sure others can add more as to why nobody should ever again move to the north coast.
The government cares about AI Resorts, Cruise Ports and Haiti... The north coast between POP and Gaspar Hernandez, not so much.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
The alleged Amber Highway to shorten the distance and time from the Gran Parada to Santiago.
The started and abandoned Cabarete Bypass,
The limitations of Janets, Pola and Playero for food shopping
CMC love it or hate it and go to Bournigal, HOMS, etc..
The mentioned plans for the widening of Route 5 to 4 lanes from Puerto Plata through Cabarete....
The destruction of the squalor on Sosua Beach to be replaced by modern plazas sometime in the next lifetime at current pace
The incompetence of Edenorte
The incompetence of CORAAPPLATA
The already too high traffic that is getting worse as more of the dozens of projects are sold

I am sure others can add more as to why nobody should ever again move to the north coast.
The government cares about AI Resorts, Cruise Ports and Haiti... The north coast between POP and Gaspar Hernandez, not so much.
Bud, they can call us negative, complainers, etc, but you hit the nail on the head.

Reactions: windeguy