Corruption in the Dominican Police force.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
No, I'm not Dominican, but have lived off an on in the country for about 5 years. I wont comment on the rest, because each person is entitled to their opinion. I'm from Detroit by the way, and have seen far worse corruption and much more murder than I have seen here. More people are murdered in Detroit in a year than in the entire Dominican Republic, but that's neither here nor there. Again, not everyone is corrupt. I have had the PN help me on occasion, and on one occasion when my home in Santiago was broken into, they retrieved most of my property without me having to grease their palms.

A lot of it is perceived attitude and people can smell one a mile away. If you approach them with the attitude that because you're a foreigner, you're superior to them, you will be treated with disdain and possibly worse. Again, the average PN foot soldier earn about 3,000 pesos a month, what many of earn in half a day or an hours work.

As far as the average PN enjoying killing, that remains to be seen, I think there's a lot of conjecture here.

You know why they retrieved your things so fast? They were the ones that STOLE YOUR STUFF!!! Don't even TRY IT you paid them something. HOW MUCH did it cost you?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I also know many PN and there are many in my wifes family and by far the majority are SUPER corrupt. I know a guy whose job it is to straight up kill people.

You are showing a pattern in your posting. For someone who enjoys to keep to the sidelines of the BS you sure make up for it by talking BS on the forum. Is this a life you wished you'd lived, want to live, or do you just live in a world where you're 24 hour gansta. I wouldn't mind but surely someone who really lived and knew all this stuff first hand would not be in such a need to broadcast it at every given opportunity, it's not that cool to brag BS!

but what do I know:cheeky:

And I agree with above (I think for the first time), the PN don't bring your stuff back unless they are paid, just a fact you should know if your family are PN. If it is true, it will be a first, even at the station you have have to pay. Maybe you're special!

jaiallen

Jul 9, 2010
My brother in Law was the Lieutenant who investigated. I didn't pay a thing. My wife is ex PN and all of her siblings and father is PN. But thanks for the skepticism. Everyone isn't corrupt here, but if that's the attitude you have, you're welcome to it. I know better.

I question the sanity of someone who would live in a country and think so little and so negatively of the native people, sounds suicidal to say the least, and probably more on the psychotic side.

I wouldn't live anywhere I didn't deem safe for me and my family to live, and thinks anyone who does take those kind of risks is an utter fool.

Last edited:

jaiallen

Jul 9, 2010
I also know many PN and there are many in my wifes family and by far the majority are SUPER corrupt. I know a guy whose job it is to straight up kill people.
I knew a person like that too, and he was killed himself eventually. Corruption feeds on itself. Again, every PN isn't corrupt, and I have known quite a few PN who will lock you up for even attempting to bribe them. The country gets a bad rap because of the bad seeds, but the same thing can be said about expats.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
My brother in Law was the Lieutenant who investigated. I didn't pay a thing. My wife is ex PN and all of her siblings and father is PN. But thanks for the skepticism. Everyone isn't corrupt here, but if that's the attitude you have, you're welcome to it. I know better.

I doubt that very much or you would not have made the original statement like this.

I have had the PN help me on occasion, and on one occasion when my home in Santiago was broken into, they retrieved most of my property without me having to grease their palms.

Rather, 'my brother in law once got my stuff back', lol, who you kidding, us or yourself, doesn't matter, really!

jaiallen

Jul 9, 2010
I doubt that very much or you would not have made the original statement like this.

I have had the PN help me on occasion, and on one occasion when my home in Santiago was broken into, they retrieved most of my property without me having to grease their palms.

Rather, 'my brother in law once got my stuff back', lol, who you kidding, us or yourself, doesn't matter, really!

What kind of coward calls a person a liar when he can't do it to that persons face? Says quite a bit about you. You're no one important or special that I have to lie to. In this case, the perps tried to fence it at the local resale shop.

Seriously dude, why hide behind a keyboard with your insults ? Is that what kind of man you are ? You don't have to believe me, and personally, I could care less, but be a man and don't say anything on the internet that you wouldn't say to someone's face. Quite indicative of your character, or lack of. If you don't like the country or the people, you don't have to be here, but your negative attitude is telegraphed and will probably have consequences more sooner than later.

Last edited:

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
What kind of coward calls a person a liar when he can't do it to that persons face? Says quite a bit about you. You're no one important or special that I have to lie to. In this case, the perps tried to fence it at the local resale shop.

Seriously dude, why hide behind a keyboard with your insults ? Is that what kind of man you are ? You don't have to believe me, and personally, I could care less, but be a man and don't say anything on the internet that you wouldn't say to someone's face. Quite indicative of your character, or lack of.

Is my opinion an insult? Well if you will leave yourself open to opinion by posting your life on a forum you will find that people write an opinion, kind of what it is all about, isn't it. Or am I to just accept each misleading post with no opinion? If you don't want your words to be questioned then save them, you don't need a forum you need a diary!

jaiallen

Jul 9, 2010
Is my opinion an insult? Well if you will leave yourself open to opinion by posting your life on a forum you will find that people write an opinion, kind of what it is all about, isn't it. Or am I to just accept each misleading post with no opinion? If you don't want your words to be questioned then save them, you don't need a forum you need a diary!

The entire thread is about an OPINION on corruption in the Dominican Republic. I spoke from my position that I don't see it from my point of view. What I say is irrelevant and you make more of it than it really is, but the bottom line is you called me a liar. Exactly who are you that I would have to lie to ? What exactly am I revealing? My name? Address ? Absolutely nothing but a qualified opinion from someone who interacts with the PN on an almost daily basis. Make of it what you will, but I take issue with expats living in a country that their posts say they hate. Then leave, no one is stopping you, but again, calling someone a liar is cowardly as hell.

It isn't my life by the way, it's an opinion, take it or leave it. Obviously you choose the former. Whatever dude, but again, don't grow balls behind the keyboard when you most likely lack them in life. I wouldn't call you or anyone else a liar unless I had proof that they were, at least be a MAN about it and return the courtesy.

I'm not the only one on this thread who interjected an opinion about the PN, and not the only one who stated he had relatives who were PN, but obviously, you choose to pick a beef with me. Your prerogative, but again, real men don't hide behind keyboards when insulting others.

Whatever your bitter position is, keep it, but again, this is an OPINION forum, and if you don't care for others opinions, then move on.

"I also know many PN and there are many in my wifes family and by far the majority are SUPER corrupt. I know a guy whose job it is to straight up kill people"
This came from another poster who obviously have relatives on the PN, why don't you pick a fight with him or tell him he is lying, or is it because his post agrees with yours? Either way, you're full of it, and again, don't be a keyboard commando.

Last edited:

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Damn, DR1 has been a very sensitive forum lately.

I hope the pharmacy sells chill pills. :)

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Damn, DR1 has been a very sensitive forum lately.

I hope the pharmacy sells chill pills. :)

haha, seems the time of the month for some of our posters, lol, I noticed the other day people are getting a bit girly and stroppy. Tis funny!

Especially when a BS'er over compensates his BS with such conviction.:bunny:

gringostudent

Jun 20, 2005
You are showing a pattern in your posting. For someone who enjoys to keep to the sidelines of the BS you sure make up for it by talking BS on the forum. Is this a life you wished you'd lived, want to live, or do you just live in a world where you're 24 hour gansta. I wouldn't mind but surely someone who really lived and knew all this stuff first hand would not be in such a need to broadcast it at every given opportunity, it's not that cool to brag BS!

but what do I know:cheeky:

And I agree with above (I think for the first time), the PN don't bring your stuff back unless they are paid, just a fact you should know if your family are PN. If it is true, it will be a first, even at the station you have have to pay. Maybe you're special!

Im not bragging about anything, the life I have lived in the DR has put me into many situations where I have met a larger and more representative aspect of the dominican population than the averge expat. Actually quite the opposite, I have seen the crime lifestyle since I was young and I was always repulsed by it. Ive learned that if you glorify it you are either a POS or you have not seen it. (white kids acting like tupac)

I was simply stating that I know a guy who kills people for a living who is a PN, and Ive know countless others who were corrupt AS HELL. I know he will die soon. He has been involved in an incident discussed at length on this forum. Please explain to me how that was bragging about being gangsta.

As for me liking to start sh*t, please refer to the proverbial story of the pot and the kettle. Thats all you do. It must be a mess in there.

Sometimes I wonder how I people on this forum can be talking about the same DR that I am. people that claim to be living in the DR for years still have absolutely no idea of what is going on. If you think the PN isnt corrupt you are straight up wrong, but me telling you on a forum isnt going to change that. I could give a million examples as well, but then the apologists/blind say Im the one with the problem or I am lying.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Im not bragging about anything, the life I have lived in the DR has put me into many situations where I have met a larger and more representative aspect of the dominican population than the averge expat. Actually quite the opposite, I have seen the crime lifestyle since I was young and I was always repulsed by it. Ive learned that if you glorify it you are either a POS or you have not seen it. (white kids acting like tupac)

I was simply stating that I know a guy who kills people for a living who is a PN, and Ive know countless others who were corrupt AS HELL. I know he will die soon. He has been involved in an incident discussed at length on this forum. Please explain to me how that was bragging about being gangsta.

As for me liking to start sh*t, please refer to the proverbial story of the pot and the kettle. Thats all you do. It must be a mess in there.

Sometimes I wonder how I people on this forum can be talking about the same DR that I am. people that claim to be living in the DR for years still have absolutely no idea of what is going on. If you think the PN isnt corrupt you are straight up wrong, but me telling you on a forum isnt going to change that. I could give a million examples as well, but then the apologists/blind say Im the one with the problem or I am lying.

I'll have to be straight up and admit I have got some of your posts mixed up with the other poster thinking they were coming from the same guy, so dismiss some of that. The Bragging and sidelines comment was directed at other guy somewhere in this mixing pot of drama.
I know fine well PN are the most successful gang in the country, as you will see I have agreed with you in the past. I've had my experience with them in the past and so am in no doubt of that.
So much gangsta jive on here in some of these threads it's easy to think 4 guys are the same.
I don't agree with all you say or how you say it but in this case I think some of it is my wrong, excuse:ermm:

gringostudent

Jun 20, 2005
Ok I got you. Ive always thought the Im so hood posters were a bit ridiculous, like nothing says your tough by writing it on the internet. Especially after seeing them get soooooo screwed in the DR time after time where the real hood is.