*** Corruption ***

jsizemore

Bronze
Aug 6, 2003
politicos go so goes it all

If you had the Policos that werwe currupt on the road in hot neon pink jump suits picking up trash for a few months it woudl all stop. Jail is honorable but to have you manhood insulted they woudl not stand for it.
John

Gabriela

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Most6 corrupt nation in the Caribbean

In the DR you can
buy the government
buy anyone's murder
buy anything

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Some of us came here to the DR to take our chances with the existing system, rather than a perverted , twisted system in many "first=world"countries of "there otta be a law" written by a minority, given to trying to run everyone else's lives, and to screw with the rest of the population over trivial b.s. that shouldn't give hemmorhoids to a gnat.

Corruption? What the hell is monitoring all citizens' phone calls, e-mails, credit card usage, health histories, etc for political use when they need leverage, compared to giving a cop in the street RD$20 to go buy a cold drink on a hot day instead of giving you lip service?

Park your "values" at the door when you come to the DR , and leave us in peace, man. You can buy anyone or anything in ANY country. The only difference is the form, and here , it is a bit more direct.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
GringoCarlos - true enough on a personal level. However, I still stand by my opinion that it doesn't work liek that in business.

If you have to make a profit from each transaction then it's good to know the cost of doing business either beforehand or during the deal (when you can still say yeah or neah) to assess profitability. The cost of doing business could also include a little grease, to me that's not a crime, it's just a way of doing business. But insecurity due to corruption is bad for business as the long-term profits of investment become hard to judge.

This, to my opinion, has nothing to do with morality but more with a question of basic business sense.

MD

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
a tidbit of knowledge on the subject...

My uncle from NJ hangs with a circle of friends who have moved their businesses offshore (things like internet/sports gambling). One of them with a good sized operation said the hell with DR and went to Costa Rica because the corruption costs in DR put too much of a dent on their bottom line to make it worthwhile.

So, that was a few hundred jobs that disappeared from DR. God only knows how many other business owners have or will have to make similar decisions.

Maybe someday someone will have a clue leading that country and not treat it like a 1 big corrupt farm (did you hear Hippo's response to how much money he has in the bank - 3-4 million...dollars). Corruption - it starts from the top.