cost for covid vaccine

jollyroger

Nov 3, 2019
Hi
I'd like to clarify a few things...
I have a Doctor friend (unemployed)- I want to buy the COVID vaccine for her.
She advised me that it is not free for medical personel, nor for anyone. Is this true??

I had heard it costs around 4000 peso's, could anyone tell me what it actually costs without insurance?

thx

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
As far as I know the vaccine is not available for anyone in the DR yet, so its price is pretty much a moot point.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
As far as I know the vaccine is not available for anyone in the DR yet, so its price is pretty much a moot point.
10 million doses in March of the Astra Zeneca vaccine was the latest info I have seen.

(The UK has made a decision to allow for mixing and matching vaccines, if you have dose 1 from company A, now you can get dose 2 from company B).

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Hi
She advised me that it is not free for medical personel, nor for anyone. Is this true??

I had heard it costs around 4000 peso's, could anyone tell me what it actually costs without insurance?

thx
an unemployed medical Doctor, interesting!

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Hi

thx
I heard about that scam. I think it happened in Canada. You send the money and they send you nothing. Beware

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
10 million doses in March of the Astra Zeneca vaccine was the latest info I have seen.

(The UK has made a decision to allow for mixing and matching vaccines, if you have dose 1 from company A, now you can get dose 2 from company B).
And the US said it will not follow that path or even go along with extending the time between the first and second injection.
March just to determine the price seems like a long time.
Days equals deaths, illness and a closed economy.
One would think that getting some vaccine into the arms of the population would be a number one priority.

jollyroger

Nov 3, 2019
OP does not say MEDICAL doctor.
Could be a doctorate in anything.

Adding words shows your bias.
Some folks are intentionally unemployed, maybe disabled, who knows and its not important to the ops point.
I can see you are a critical thinker, a quality I appreciate!!

Big

Apr 24, 2019
OP does not say MEDICAL doctor.
Could be a doctorate in anything.

Adding words shows your bias.
Some folks are intentionally unemployed, maybe disabled, who knows and its not important to the ops point.
Well we all know you are definitely not a PhD in anything other than bloviation. He mislead by stating "Doctor" instead of PhD. Educated people recognize these details. Like the time you attempted to pass yourself off as a ballistic expert and used the term "clip" instead of magazine. So entertaining! He also stated she was a medical person. Oh the fiction posts!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Hi

thx
When the vaccine is available it is supposed to cost between 4 and 5 dollars $US so based on that the cost here will be around 400 pesos. I suspect that February/March will be the time period for arrival. It is the OXford one that is apparently easier and quicker to manufacture.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The Government said that they expect vaccinations to start in March.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The Government said that they expect vaccinations to start in March.
Another poster said he had a trusted friend who is never wrong that there are already millions of doses of the vaccine in the DR>
I consider that a rumor. March is the time frame the government stated for actual vaccinations with the Astra Zeneca vaccine announcement of approval posted today here on DR1. Cost? No idea.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
When the vaccine is available it is supposed to cost between 4 and 5 dollars $US so based on that the cost here will be around 400 pesos. I suspect that February/March will be the time period for arrival. It is the OXford one that is apparently easier and quicker to manufacture.
AZ is what it appears to be.

Just my view but if the govt wants the max number of people to get the vaccine then free of charge is way to go.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
AZ is what it appears to be.

Just my view but if the govt wants the max number of people to get the vaccine then free of charge is way to go.
It is my guess this will be the case, as in free of charge, but only time will tell. I seem to recall statements to that effect made by the government what now seems so long ago.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
But what will be the pecking order for receiving a shot. Will be interested to see. But I think we already know how this will turn out. The connected beautiful people first and the poor last.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Well we all know you are definitely not a PhD in anything other than bloviation. He mislead by stating "Doctor" instead of PhD. Educated people recognize these details. Like the time you attempted to pass yourself off as a ballistic expert and used the term "clip" instead of magazine. So entertaining! He also stated she was a medical person. Oh the fiction posts!
Take it easy big.
No need to be on the defensive.
No one is after you for anything.
No need to think people are trying to pass themselves off as anything.
We all make mistakes.
Lets stay on track and be productive in the new year.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
He didn't say she wasn't a doctor either. He implied she was a medical doctor when he said "I have a Doctor friend (unemployed)- I want to buy the COVID vaccine for her. She advised me that it is not free for medical personnel, nor for anyone. Is this true??"

What difference does it make?

We could have avoided all of this had he written "I have a friend - I want to buy the COVID vaccine for her. Is it available yet, and what does it cost?"

Or better yet: "Is the vaccine available yet, and what does it cost?"

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
But what will be the pecking order for receiving a shot. Will be interested to see. But I think we already know how this will turn out. The connected beautiful people first and the poor last.
Its a small country so there may not be much of an order.
Other countries have had problems just doing plain distribution.
Toss in a pecking order in the DR is could just be a big complication.
The government wants to end the pandemic and the fastest most straightforward way is give if away free to everyone.
Get those tourist dollars coming in.
First country to vaccinate their population will be the first visited by the tourists.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Take it easy big.
No need to be on the defensive.
No one is after you for anything.
No need to think people are trying to pass themselves off as anything.
We all make mistakes.
Lets stay on track and be productive in the new year.
Ignore him he is cranky he can’t skirt chase for flip flops on pedro ...we all know clip is slang for mag...