cost giving birth in santo domingo

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
The public hospitals are cheap. As of last week the costs are C-section RD$1000 + RD$500 if you want to be moved into a private room out of general ward for the c-sec. Blood costs RD$1000. So in total RD$2,500pesos. That is with cedula, possibly different without.

DESH1979

Jun 19, 2011
The public hospital that i went in to have a look at was not very clean and they were sharring beds i nearly died when i saw it. Thats when i wondered if i could afford private hospital instead.Maybe i should try looking again at other public hospitals surely they cant all be the same.Thanks for the advice

Reese

Oct 5, 2010
Centro Medici Cuevas Leclerc on las Americas in Andres is one of the better clinics I have seen in the area your in.... Not sure how much they charge for delivery. #is 809-523-6689

DESH1979

Jun 19, 2011
The public hospitals are cheap. As of last week the costs are C-section RD$1000 + RD$500 if you want to be moved into a private room out of general ward for the c-sec. Blood costs RD$1000. So in total RD$2,500pesos. That is with cedula, possibly different without.
can you tell me the name of this hospital or a phone number for them please

santanatwins

Jan 20, 2004
7 years ago

I can't remember that far back, but my son was born by C-section in a small clinic in Nagua with my son's mother staying one night. Total cost was less than 3000 pesos. Granted that was 7 years ago, but I doubt inflation has raised the price to more than $500 U.S. I will ask his mother what they charge in Nagua in a few days time and post back.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I'll get her to write you when she gets back from visiting her sister. We had our daughter in the same hospital almost 2 years ago, cost me RD$1,500pesos, natural birth with 3 days in the hospital. Only thing is I wasn't allowed to be with her when she had it, neither was her mother and she says they forced it out of her with pressure which was agony, so..... but she would do it again ( dominican girls are tough, lol) I didn't feel a thing though and our daugter is fantastic!!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
The public hospital that i went in to have a look at was not very clean and they were sharring beds i nearly died when i saw it. Thats when i wondered if i could afford private hospital instead.Maybe i should try looking again at other public hospitals surely they cant all be the same.Thanks for the advice

Trust me you don't want to get anything done in a public hospital in The DR if you can avoid it. They're overcrowded, unsanitary, lack a lot of the basic equipment, etc...Dominicans will only use these as a last resort if they just cannot afford anything else. If that is the case with you then at least try to find one of the better ones (They're not all the same). If you don't want to spend a lot then I think you should be able to find a reasonably priced clinic in a province or a middle class part of the city.

Pib: Dra. Cruz Mercedes Reyes is my youngest sister. She's a Neumologa (pneumologist ???) at Hostpiten...

djuno718

Dec 1, 2007

my wife just finished giving birth 2 weeks ago! without insurance with C-section here in santiago! it was Clinica jimenez on av 27 feb.... Breakdown:

obgyn/Regular doctor: RD$20,000
clinic: RD$15,000
pediatrician and Anestesia: RD$5,000
Bloodtype and ear piercing(for female): 1,200

Total Without Insurance: RD$41.200

i can give u the number to the clinic if u so choose!