Court keeps Emmanuel Rivera Ledesma in jail as real estate scam case is heard

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Caso-Nido-Rivera-Diario-Libre-1024x679.png

The Sixth Investigative Court ratified the coercive measures against all the accused in the case named Operación Nido (Operation Nest) by the Attorney General Office. The network would have scammed mostly Dominican expats living in New York for around RD$700 million.

The prosecution had ordered the arrest of the main accused Emmanuel Rivera Ledesma in July 2023, but never acted on the order until victims of the fraud sought the support of leading media in the Dominican Republic that followed up and motivated the authorities to act. The affected also took their case to US authorities and began a campaign to discourage Dominicans living abroad from investing in real estate projects. The major complaint of those affected was the lack of support action for the claimants in the local judiciary when proof of the scams was presented by local lawyers. Rivera Ledesma was not arrested...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Wife and kids locked up too. I bet that doesn't bother him very much either. This guy only loves material things.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Don't ever buy off plan in this country and always use a scary Dominican lawyer where there's big money involved.

Reactions: Manuel01

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
👆That part! .....plus I wouldn't trust most of the lawyers here as far as I can throw them ....

There are some who are reassuringly expensive, if you're paying US$ 250 an hour you know they are probably OK to live on that money without taking back-handers. For real-estate for example for foreigners buying here then Guzman Ariza are a good choice, and they are completely honest.