Covid-19 Vaccine on DR1

Have you received the Covid-19 vaccine? (Votes can be changed based on your vaccination status).

• Yes, I'm fully vaccinated.

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • Yes, but I'm still waiting for the second dose.

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Yes, but I'm not getting the second dose.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but I will get the vaccine when it's my turn.

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • No, I'm not getting vaccinated.

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Apparently, the DR has the most people vaccinated of the small countries in Latin America.

qsqFVe.jpg

Last edited:

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Maybe we could have a poll as to whether DR1 members are in favour of the curfew or not. Although there are a couple of very vocal members complaining a lot about it, I'm betting that the majority of members here agree with it.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Maybe we could have a poll as to whether DR1 members are in favour of the curfew or not. Although there are a couple of very vocal members complaining a lot about it, I'm betting that the majority of members here agree with it.
The curfew has not affected me at all. I'm sure the people that live close to car washes or bars are happy about it but in my area it makes no difference

Reactions: zoomzx11

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
No one is in favor of the curfew.

The curfew is the DR government following the science.

"whats great about science is that it always tells the truth, whether you believe it or not", Neil Tyson.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I offer 'No Opinion' to the question....

It affects me not in the least..... after 8-9-10pm at night,
my entertainment is my pillow or dinner at a friend's house

As far as 'controlling ' gov't.... try a couple of other countries ---
waaaay more strict - more regulated

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I offer 'No Opinion' to the question....

It affects me not in the least..... after 8-9-10pm at night,
my entertainment is my pillow or dinner at a friend's house

As far as 'controlling ' gov't.... try a couple of other countries ---
waaaay more strict - more regulated
Well said.
Its not rocket science.
You read as much as possible about the virus, learn the accommodations, go along, and do your best.
The effort to inject politics is just plain sad.

Reactions: Africaida

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Forgetting one thing about the NBA. They test constantly, like every day. Do you?

Ramizcaribe

Mar 17, 2021
Santo Domingo Este
I Have a family in USA Who is a Doctor in Medicine area, he says to me, please do not put the Vaccine for the COVID.
More he can not say me nothing.

So my question is: If he is a Doctor, he knows all information about Vaccine; What about all the peoples who are already Vaccine? what will happened?

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I Have a family in USA Who is a Doctor in Medicine area, he says to me, please do not put the Vaccine for the COVID.

So my question is: If he is a Doctor, he knows all information about Vaccine; What about all the peoples who are already Vaccine? what will happened?
He is very much in the minority among doctors.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Certainly, the low death rate is impressive
Personally, I am more concerned w/ the number of cases than deaths (rightly or wrongly)

RD stacks up well in both categories from what I see
Others may view it differently

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003

Everybody vaccinated can still be infected with Covid, but their immune system does a better job at combating the virus. The effect is that most vaccinated that would've been infected with Covid and would get the worst effects/symptoms will get a light version of the effects not requiring hospitalization and are almost guaranteed they will avoid death.

Pfizer and Moderna are the most effective vaccines right now. A person gets the benefit starting with the first dose (if infected with Covid after first dose but before second one, their symptoms are going to be mild instead of the not breathing/emergency taken to a hospital/ICU version.) Moderna is available only in the USA. There is one that is a one dose deal. All others are two doses and become truly effective after the second dose.

Last edited:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I wonder how many of the fully vaccinated got severe side effect(s)?

Last edited:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Everybody vaccinated can still be infected with Covid, but their immune system does a better job at combating the virus. The effect is that most vaccinated that would've been infected with Covid and would get the worst effects/symptoms will get a light version of the effects not requiring hospitalization and are almost guaranteed they will avoid death.

Pfizer and Moderna are the most effective vaccines right now. A person gets the benefit starting with the first dose (if infected with Covid after first dose but before second one, their symptoms are going to be mild instead of the not breathing/emergency taken to a hospital/ICU version.) Moderna is available only in the USA. There is one that is a one dose deal. All others are two doses and become truly effective after the second dose.
All my family in Canada have had the Moderna vaccine, so the only in the USA is not quite accurate.