Credit Card Fraud

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Hmmm...they must have started to do that lately. I know for a fact that a debit card was not a "secured" card". So the question is since your debit card is usually the same as your ATM card, can those people who got their funds taken out of their accounts while withdrawing money at Banco Popular (There have been several threads on this before) potentially get their money back from THEIR bank?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You can also put a "Fraud Alert" with the credit rating agencies for FREE.

This is free if you suspect their may be fraudulant activity in your name or identity theft. You need to do this with all three agencies and I believe is good for 3 months. They notify you if anybody tries to open an account in your name.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Tamborista said:
You can also put a "Fraud Alert" with the credit rating agencies for FREE.

This is free if you suspect their may be fraudulant activity in your name or identity theft. You need to do this with all three agencies and I believe is good for 3 months. They notify you if anybody tries to open an account in your name.

Yeah. I have this. I have a monitor on all three credit agencies monitoring everything that goes on with my credit. I bought this from www.myfico.com excellent website for people who want to get educated on how to clean up your credit and achieve healthier credit.