cremation in DR

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"William", I didn't know you had been cremated.
I want to be cremated, my ashes taken to the "Miss Key" factory, and mixed into their bottles for sale.
That way I can be "Run Through"a few more times!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

bayaguanaman

Oct 22, 2009
there is an interesting article today in diario libre:
Cremaciones, una tendencia que empieza a crecer en RD - DiarioLibre.com

so far the only place in DR offering cremation is funeraria blandino in SD. mostly taking care of foreigners, partly because this is a popular option in many cultures outside of DR and partly, i suppose, because of the arrangements to transport the remains back to home country.
the report mentions that lately more dominicans pick up this option as well, middle and high class folks. the cost is 56k pesos for basic and 79k for a premium cremation.

i have asked to me cremated. it will be so much easier to take whatever is left back to poland. interestingly enough - and this is not DR related, really - my parents asked for cremation too. and there i was always thinking they were very traditional.

Horrible subject, and you are not considering what will happen when the Angel Gabriel blows his horn!!!

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Then there's Soylent Green.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8Sp-VFBbjpE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ex-Canuck

Dec 30, 2010
An autopsy is supposed to be mandatory for foreingers who die here, but a short while ago a friend of mine (american) was killed and they decided it wasn't necessary as the cause of death was from an accident.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
There is an article in today's print version of Diario Libra which I could not find on line.. about the different urns that are available for ashes. There is one that is made of sand and salt which biodegrades which is nicer really than having to scoop the ashes out.. since there are still chunks of bone in them..

Anyone know of boats to rent for services?