Crime wave not easing up yet...

ustelephone

Mar 31, 2004
www.ecoislandadventures.com
FuegoAzul21 said:
according to the news of november 8 2004 , haitians are now taking Dominican children for ransom ,plus the haitian authorities are helping the haitian criminals escape and further hold the children for ransom in exchange for haitian prisoners in DR .This is very very dangerous considering they re all over DR and if it starts to become too much of a problem the crackdown on haitians will not only be the criminals but also the innocent people ,which would not be a good thing either .If Haitians are startin to get rotten then the problem has gotten too out of hand

Which news source did this come from?

Sounds to me like border crimes which a typical anywhere that 3rd world countries meet. The same happens across the borders all over the world. Haitians are not kidnapping DR children in tourist areas, major cities, or anywhere that most foreigners would go.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
i agree. from my experience DR is no more dangerous than any 'first world' city. you stand a greater chance of catching an STD than a bullet. ;)

FuegoAzul21

Jun 28, 2004
ustelephone said:
Which news source did this come from?

Sounds to me like border crimes which a typical anywhere that 3rd world countries meet. The same happens across the borders all over the world. Haitians are not kidnapping DR children in tourist areas, major cities, or anywhere that most foreigners would go.

The news source was here on DR1 ( november 8th 7th or 6th ,one of those) , but the news is in any of the Dr news papers ,and this incident happened in Dajabon which is very close to MonteCristi ,whose tourist sector is growing , whose to say they wont go after tourist children as well and Secuestros of this kind are typical of third world countries(el salvador,Colombia , mexico) but not in DR , this is a new thing , my point is that the haitian authorities are trying to cash in on it too and that is going to make it a harder war to fight becuase you have to fight two enemies