Criscol and MSG in my pollo Frito

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
this is funny when referring to pollo frito, since the ingredient that gives KFC its taste is MSG.

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
With KFC its the pressure cooker that makes it soo good. The wifey luvs KFC. But somehow taco bell is ghetto. I dont understand that but.....i luv taco bell. In fact it was my first spanish. Yo quiero taco bell.

With KFC its the pressure cooker that makes it soo good. The wifey luvs KFC. But somehow taco bell is ghetto. I dont understand that but.....i luv taco bell. In fact it was my first spanish. Yo quiero taco bell.

My first Spanish too!!! Also the reason I got a chihuahua.

I don't see the guy really whining, if my wife makes me something I don't like I tell her! I usually don't like the healthy things
she puts in stuff though :).
Even I wouldn't want to eat MSG!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

actually, ken, it is a pressure fryer, that uses oil, as opposed to a pressure cooker, which uses water. it cooks a pound of chicken in 3 minutes, brown on the outside, and tender on the inside.

Aug 6, 2006
Some people are allergic to MSG,and of course, it has sodium in it. It is not really a preservative, it is used to bring out the flavor. Chinese food often contains MSG. It would not be wrong to call it the Eighth Spice. And of course, fried chicken in the DR is often a Chinese thing. Sazon completo is the most common Latino additive, and it has more salt than anything else.

May 29, 2006
Taco Bell and KFC are owned by the same company along with Pizza Hut. I don't know how Pizza Hut stays in business. Doritos Tacos are ghetto? Get outta town...

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
They are still 30 years behind for those things. They just cook like theyr mother/grand mother etc.

You have to teach her ;)

And i dont agree to stay out of the kitchen... There's no more sopita, sazon and all those horrible things for your health in my kitchen and she still cooks amazing :)

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
this is funny when referring to pollo frito, since the ingredient that gives KFC its taste is MSG.

If you're gonna' clog your arteries, might as well do it right and eat KFC orig. recipe. Don't forget the skins... maybe even eat JUST the skin!!!

[video=youtube;_OCLvhGhTc0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OCLvhGhTc0[/video]

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Cartoon.Stein.wsj033183+.jpg

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
It's also in Maggi Chicken bouillon:

Salt, sugar, partially hydrogenated palm oil**, monosodium glutamate, cornstarch, and less than 2% of onion powder, chicken fat, dehydrated chicken, garlic powder, turmeric, disodium inosinate, spices, TBHQ (preservative). **Adds a trivial amount of trans fat. Made on equipment that also processes wheat, milk, eggs, soy, fish and shellfish.

Surprised he's not a damn vegan...
Yes Pete its in many things, kind of a pre death formaldehyde ingredient... Its bad for you, when I eat it I get gut aches, always have. Some are sensitive to it so wouldn't you say they should be able to decide whether they want it or not...Does that make us ASSES? I understand the American diet consists of huge doses of sugar, fat, GMO etc and this is accepted because big brother and the billion dollar Pharmas so its ALL GOOD! BUT!!! That doesn't mean we are all ignorant to believe such crap.

May 29, 2006
Not liking MSG doesn't make you an ass. Ranting about it in fried chicken along with trans-fats does. He's have more of a case if it was on a salad. The OP never mentioned being sensitive to it.

HS10

Feb 17, 2008
Dr. Joel Fuhrman (google him and watch his wonderful videos on how to eat for health!!) says that it is as if the typical American diet was designed by The Taliban, it is so bad for you.