Curfew Tightened Considerably

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Well, and that's a deep subject, they won't be doing that from January 1 until at least January 10, will they.. Nope. Delivery only.
Read the Decree posted by Rubio_Higuey. It's says nothing about closing pharmacies. Restaurants and colmados aren't closed either.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
It's perfectly clear to me:

ARTÍCULO 5. Se establece que los empleados o contratistas de restaurantes, farmacias o colmados que brinden servicios a domicilio de alimentos cocidos, crudos o medicamentos, tendrán permiso para circular hasta las 11:00 p. m., exclusivamente durante el ejercicio de sus funciones laborales.

ARTÍCULO 6. Se establece que desde el 1 de enero de 2021 hasta el 10 de enero de 2021, los bares, restaurantes y colmadones no podrán recibir clientes que consuman en sus instalaciones.

Reactions: Africaida

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The detail of the new decree:

No drinking in bars or restaurants until January 10th!

Government has new measures to stop COVID-19

https://presidencia.gob.do/noticias/gob … l-covid-19

The Government this Wednesday ordered new measures to contain the spread of COVID-19, which include the start of a curfew at 7:00 at night on December 31, eliminating the grace of free transit until 1:00 a.m. early morning of January 1.

President Luis Abinader issued Decree 740-20 that replaces 698-20, which establishes in article 12 that the measures come into effect as of this Thursday, December 31.

It was ordered that from January 1 to January 10, the curfew will be from 5:00 in the afternoon to 5:00 in the morning, Monday through Friday, with two hours of free transit to reach their houses, until 7:00 at night.

Meanwhile, on Saturdays 2 and 9, as well as Sundays 3 and 10, of January 2021, the curfew will be from 12:00 noon to 5:00 in the morning.

The measures were announced at a press conference headed by the Vice President of the Republic and coordinator of the Health Cabinet, Raquel Peña, and the Minister of Health, Plutarco Arias, at the National Palace.

The president had advanced that new measures would be taken to ensure the health of citizens and the well-being of the country, highlighting all the efforts of the Government to control the inherited crisis.

The measures also establish that in the interval from January 1 to 10, 2021, the activities of the different churches or religious denominations cease.

“We are close to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. The vaccines are promising and today the vaccine developed by the University of Oxford and AstraZeneca was approved by the British health authority, after considering it safe, of quality and effective to be used in Great Britain ”, said the vice president.

He recalled that just 2 months ago they signed a purchase-sale contract for the acquisition of 10 million doses, thanks to the backing and support of a group of Dominican and foreign businessmen.

The vice president insisted that the population comply with established health protocols, such as the correct use of a mask, hand washing and physical distancing.

Also, with respecting and valuing the work of the members of the National Police and the Armed Forces.

Also participating in the press conference were the Administrative Ministers of the Presidency, José Ignacio Paliza; of Interior and Police, Jesús -Chu- Vásquez; the directors of the National Health Service, Mario Lama, of the National Health Insurance (SENASA) Santiago Hazim; from the National Police, Major General Edward Sánchez González, from Promese / Cal, Adolfo Pérez; the director of C5i, Luis Rafael Lee Ballester, and Dr. Eddy Pérez Then, advisor to the Ministry of Public Health.

New measures arranged:

Decree 698-20, dated December 15, 2020, which established the curfew regime, is modified in the following terms:

1. The grace of free movement is eliminated as of December 31; therefore, the curfew for that day will start at 7:00 pm

2. It is established that from January 1 to January 10 the curfew will be from 5:00 pm to 5:00 am, Monday through Friday, with two hours of free transit to reach their homes. at 7:00 pm

3. It is established that on Saturdays 2 and 9, as well as Sundays 3 and 10, of January 2021, the curfew will be from 12:00 noon to 5:00 am

4. It is established that employees or contractors of restaurants, pharmacies or grocery stores that provide home delivery services of cooked, raw food or medicines, will have permission to circulate until 11:00 pm, exclusively during the exercise of their work functions.

5. It is established that from January 1, 2021, bars, restaurants and grocery stores will not be able to receive customers who consume at their facilities until January 10.

6. During curfew hours, the following people will be allowed to circulate:

a) People dedicated to health services, such as doctors, nurses, bioanalysts, paramedical personnel and pharmaceutical personnel.

b) People with a medical emergency who need to go to a health center or pharmacy.

c) Duly identified persons engaged in private security tasks.

d) Members of the press and other duly accredited media.

e) Vehicle operators and technicians of companies and institutions that provide energy, water, telecommunications and solid waste collection services duly identified, exclusively during the exercise of their work functions.

f) Vehicle operators dedicated to the urban and interurban distribution of goods, supplies and fuel duly identified exclusively during the exercise of their work functions.

g) People who work in the industry and commerce of food and medical and pharmaceutical products and are in transit to and from their workplaces, provided that they carry identification of a company authorized by the High Level Commission for the Prevention and Control of Coronavirus .

h) International passengers and operators of private or commercial vehicles that are transporting them, as well as employees of the maritime and air transport sector duly identified in transit to or from ports and airports.

i) Employees of companies that provide funeral services, exclusively during the exercise of their work functions.

j) Employees or contractors of the hotel, mining and free zone sectors, exclusively during the exercise of their work functions.

7. From January 1 to January 10, 2021, all open-air public spaces will be closed, such as parks, boardwalks, gyms and those dedicated to sports practices, only with the exception of professional tournaments without assistance of public.

8. It is established that the activities of the tourism sector will continue to be managed with a special protocol as before.

9. It is established that in the interval from January 1 to 10, 2021 the activities of the different churches or religious denominations cease.

In addition to these measures:

We will continue to increase the installed capacity of hospital beds and ICU beds. We will distribute kits in all hospitals in the country for the outpatient treatment of all mild patients; In addition, we will follow up until your full recovery.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
There's something wrong with the logic here...

I can enter a colmado for a beer.... can't drink it there

But , I CANNOT enter a farmacia to get my pills... life saving pills perhaps

I will bet this gets clarified--- SOON!!!

My son is on med. for his seizures, I went to the pharmacia once, then I just called and they would deliver to me. If they were out which happens often (in a nutshell, DR bottles are only 100 ml and I need 300 ml a month), they would call me within 12h and then send the delivery guy. To be honest, much more efficient than in the US, but more expensive in my case.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Worst case, if the ever do restrict farmacias to deliveries only and you don't want to wait, just call in what you want and tell them to deliver it to your car in the parking lot out front. Pay the moto guy 50 pesos to hand it to you.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Guys, please let's be clear, PHARMACIES ARE NOT CLOSING. The only mention is that pharmacy delivery people can be in the street until 11pm. But the pharmacies are opening as normal.

My other point is make no mistake this will have a devastating effect on the AI's as well. They have been surviving by filling up weekends with Dominicans using loans to pay for cheap vacations. But if you can't be out after mid-day Saturday or Sunday, it means the only way you could possibly stay at an AI would be to have a three night stay from Friday to Monday, so two days off work, or check out at the crack of dawn on Sunday morning. It will kill the weekend trade in Punta Cana and Las Terrenas stone dead. I can't see that anyone will win out of this economically.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Guys, please let's be clear, PHARMACIES ARE NOT CLOSING. The only mention is that pharmacy delivery people can be in the street until 11pm. But the pharmacies are opening as normal.

My other point is make no mistake this will have a devastating effect on the AI's as well. They have been surviving by filling up weekends with Dominicans using loans to pay for cheap vacations. But if you can't be out after mid-day Saturday or Sunday, it means the only way you could possibly stay at an AI would be to have a three night stay from Friday to Monday, so two days off work, or check out at the crack of dawn on Sunday morning. It will kill the weekend trade in Punta Cana and Las Terrenas stone dead. I can't see that anyone will win out of this economically.
Not all for sure, but I know a lot of Dominicans go the the AI's on tour packages. I'm sure the tour buses will get a special exemption.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I don't think we're anywhere close to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel - 6 months at best, probably the end of the year.

A few months ago I saw this prediction (I do not recall the source anymore, but I believe it was European) that in the developed countries, the situation would start to get better during 2021 while developing countries would start getting over this by the end of 2022... Not sure what to think here, just hoping for the best...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Read the Decree posted by Rubio_Higuey. It's says nothing about closing pharmacies. Restaurants and colmados aren't closed either.
I have read the documents about this. Restaurants, Pharmacies and Collmados are NOT CLOSED. They are DELIVERY ONLY. There is a difference in that you cannot go into them, you have to call them and have them deliver to your house unless there was a change since the documents I posted above. .

PCMike

Aug 30, 2008
Not all for sure, but I know a lot of Dominicans go the the AI's on tour packages. I'm sure the tour buses will get a special exemption.
The only ones benefiting from the domestic hoards are foreign-owned companies (resorts) that leave as little money as possible in the country.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The only ones benefiting from the domestic hoards are foreign-owned companies (resorts) that leave as little money as possible in the country.

The government collects a fair amount of taxes from the tourists based upon their flights, entry and departure taxes and AI resort taxes. So it is not just the owners of the resorts from outside the DR.

Reactions: Africaida

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I have read the documents about this. Restaurants, Pharmacies and Collmados are NOT CLOSED. They are DELIVERY ONLY. There is a difference in that you cannot go into them, you have to call them and have them deliver to your house unless there was a change since the documents I posted above. .
The one you posted is not the official decree by Abinader. Nowhere in Abinader's decree does it say that restaurants, farmacias, and colmados are delivery only. It says that they can continue to deliver until 11pm. It also says that bars, restaurants, and colmados cannot have clients that consume on premises. That means you can get takeout from the bars and restaurants, and purchase food and drink from the colmados, as long as it's not consumed on premises.

See Articulos 5 and 6 in post #43.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I don't think we're anywhere close to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel - 6 months at best, probably the end of the year.
End of 2021 would be a good bet IF and only IF the vaccines work. IF they don't, it never ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.