curiosities of the week.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Hypnotiq is crap, there's no kick to it. People mix it with Henessy and make some Incredible Hulk, that is stronger than Brugal. I only want to get mad or get some a$$ when I drink that stuff ;)........kidding, I haven't drank that in over a year. And I only drink drink Grey Goose or Belvedere when it comes to vodka, grea stuff. Try not to mix too much. Oh yeah, it was interesting to see that the bartenders don't know what "Jaegerbombs" are, we had to get Jaegermiester and Red Bull concoction ourselves at Bakus on Churchill Ave.......we got pretty trashed that night. Boy am I glad that Jaeger is not well known down there, the girls drink it like it's water and it costs 1100 pesos a bottle. Not too bad but we'll take oue own bottles in July :p

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Mescon said:
Maybe he knows you ? :-0:):)

PLEASE don't crucify me as being a newby with only one Post, but I just had to, it was there, it would have been a terrible loss of lone liner comebacks for generation

No offense to MR AZB, it just happened to be his name in there :):nervous: :classic:
Well if it helps some people sleep better at night for calling others an idiot (without explanation) so be it. I sleep good at night, so I wish the same to everyone else.
AZB

Sep 19, 2005
AZB said:
Well if it helps some people sleep better at night for calling others an idiot (without explanation) so be it. I sleep good at night, so I wish the same to everyone else.
AZB

brash.....outspoken....controversial.........MAYBE!!

but not an idiot!!!!

I could have slept better last night!!!!!!!!! it must be that I am always getting off the phone at 11 pm with my....

opps..I almost brought up "HER" again!! azb!!!!!!!! ha ha ha

bob

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Bob if she has a telephone line in the house and if she can connect to internet, maybe it would be a god idea to invest in a simple computer and talk via googletalk program. It works very well over dial up connection. You can also try skype program, it also works well over dial up , computer - computer talk.
AZB

Sep 19, 2005
no telephone line to her house! I would have to pay someone to run the line. i know it goes to her uncles house about 600-700 yards down the road, but it doesnt make it down her section of the road.

ya know I just got a new phone service that goes through my internet COMPANY...but in the few days I have used it, the connection has some static, and i keep getting interuptions, so sometimes i miss a few of her words....what a pain!.. I am constantly asking her to say something again, because i missed it. The price is good....but i have to work out the quality of the call issues.

My other land line is still hooked up, but they dont offer a cheap phone service to the DR... so i am always using the stupid calling cards. I would love to get her connected to the net, so i could try Skype, or the other system that people mention sometimes...... I always wondered about satelite phone service.......

bob

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
the other option she has is a laptop with a 3g wireless card. She will be connected via cell. It costs 1700 pesos plus tax from verizon. The speed is some what better than dialup if she has a strong signal (digital). If she has a weak signal, then it will be slower than dialup and good for only text chat.
I guess you are in a tough situation.
AZB

Sep 19, 2005
and you are out of character................you are being polite! ha ha ha

you know I am coming down in 2 weeks.....are you wanting something??? ha ha ha

ill investigate the wireless laptop idea when i come down....

someone has a laptop for ale in the classifieds too!!!!!!!

bob

Jan 5, 2006
Bob, the cheapest solution is probably to run the telephone wires to her house and get a regular land line. You can buy 2000 feet of 4 conductor wire for about $50 USD, and then your rate for calls using prepaid cards or any other method will drop dramatically compared to calling a cell phone.