Current Price /average gasoline Price

Lou2100

Sep 21, 2020
Toronto
Can someone post the current cost of regualar gasoline In the Santo Domingo/Este area? I saw somewhere it was 249.$$ but showed that was for Premium ? anyone know the cost of Regular or is that the price of regular gasoline?

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
It is regulated.... all the stations the same price - I am told

Correct... No matter to which station you go, the same price... For which reason we fill up in the place we trust the most... Otherwise price would be one factor in decision making...

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
And it is only going to go higher

I'm sure others may recall pricing to much further, but I don't really recall the prices being this high even before the pandemic... premium at almost 250 pesos (we don't use premium but I do note the pricing)... also, first time ever, we tried to fill up at Total in POP, the guy who always fills up our car said that they have no regular available at all... That has never happened in any gas station before.... I did not ask why as we were in a rush and I just got irritated and we sped off... Texaco had regular just fine, so I assume it cannot be shortage... Could be that people were filling up before new price hike?

Bob Boyd

Feb 3, 2004
Some stations are now giving a 10 Paso a gallon discount if you pump your own gas.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
One thing I have never got around to finding out is whether they use the US or Imperial gallon here. Can anyone confirm please?

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
One thing I have never got around to finding out is whether they use the US or Imperial gallon here. Can anyone confirm please?

US gallon.
Prices are regulated by the gov, so same price countrywide all brands/grades.
DR buys oil for the refinery, but also buys gasoline from spot market by tanker. Same with diesels. It uses Texas crude price market for future buys.
The high prices are due to VATs piled atop regular costs.
Also since from same rack, distances to all Gas stations plays another part, due to price controls.

The DR has limited storage for processed oil derivatives.

Reactions: drstock