D.R. zip codes

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Can someone tell me what my postal code is for Ensanche Luperon in Santo Domingo, or tell me where I can find the information? I realize that no one really uses them here but my consulate gets irrationally upset if I don't fill in all the blanks on their interminable forms.

May 12, 2005
A better question to ask is, "Does anyone actually use the Dominican Postal Service?"

I actually saw a mailman in Santiago with something of an INPOSDOM uniform walking around delivering mail. I saw so ****ed I didn't have my camera because I am sure I will never see that again.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Now come on guys there is a postal service here. In fact i recieved my Xmas card in April. Yes it was mailed from the US on November 1st.
A few months ago I also walked past the post office in Puerto Plata and saw 4 I assume employees playing dominos surrounded by no less then 50 large sacks of what appeard to be mail (stacked almost to the ceiling).

Bob K

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Believe it or not, I've mailed envelope packages from US to DR [to 2 different DR1ers, one to Santo Domingo, one to Sosua] and both arrived safe and sound within about 10 days. I was surprised both times, my husband swears no one actually gets mail there :cheeky:

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Does anyone actually use these?

I've never seen any use for postal codes in the D.R. but yes, Robert, the U.S. govt. insists on them. Their visa application forms are not accepted with out them. I know I could have made up a number with my luck the consulate interviewer would be from my neighborhood and catch me up.

My thanks to the first two quick replies which provided me with the info I needed................Now back to the postal service bashing :)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
A few months ago I went past what I thought was an overflowing rubbish bin. A second glance revealed it was an overflowing Inposdom mailbox, with several years worth of postcards mailed by unsuspecting tourists.

The postal service exists to provide jobs for the party faithful and little more.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
hey, i actually posted two or three cards from DR and they did arrive to europe about three months later.
personally i would love a job in dominican post office. there is nothing better than getting paid for doing absolutely nothing. jolly good!