Dancing With Local Senoritas On The North Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Are you biased AZB???

Hello AZB, thanks for your input. Here in POP we work with what we have. NOt all of us are looking for cheap hookers and whores! IN fact if I was sensitive I would have been insulted by your remarks. But, I am not.....

The question was where to dance here! That was answered.

I am sure you are correct - I am told there are many fabulous places to go dancing in Santiago.

SO, how about telling us where they are, and when to go there!!!! And then, invite some of us from this area! Will you be our guide for a weekend and show us where to go???

I for one would love to go to Santiago and dance salsa with some respectble men who actually know how to dance and how to treat a lady!!!!

So, AZB are you up to the challenge? OR are you all talk??? LOL

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
This message is brought to you by the
"Clean Living, Hooker Hating, Scratched Record, Pro Santiago Group".

Hahahaha... AZB, you "appear" to know more about hookers and their hangouts than any other person on this board.

Jackson, I'm sure you will find what your looking for on the North Coast.

But...

If you really want a large variety of clubs and venues, then you will need to come to Santo Domingo.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
Robert said:

Hahahaha... AZB, you "appear" to know more about hookers and their hangouts than any other person on this board.

Jackson, I'm sure you will find what your looking for on the North Coast.

But...

If you really want a large variety of clubs and venues, then you will need to come to Santo Domingo.

Either that or look for the concert announcements (duh)

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
AZB said:
why is it that not one genious mentioned coming to santiago? only 1hr and 15 mins away through some of the most scenic route of this island. Santiago is full of interesting places ex: jazz bars, open air sports bars/ restaurant, theater, discos, jevito bars and private secret bars where private folks meet. Santiago is the cultural capital of DR where you will find anything and everything in small scale. You want to dance with senoritas then make sure you know how to dance and dress appropriatly and talk a bit of spanish. You will not find cheap poor whores falling all over you like they do in sosua and POP. People in santiago are classy and you will feel right at home of you are looking for this type of social activity. Some of the most beautiful women in DR are from santiago area.
Good luck.
AZB

I've heard the drive through the mountains is Beautiful.
I will definately check out Santiago this trip.
I'm a bad dancer and my Spanish is even worse but I always seem to have a great time wherever I go.

As for these so called whore houses like Mountainview, of course there are working girls there but so what?
I've gone there several times and never had any problems.
If you are not interested they will not bother you.

I like to travel around and meet many local people but I also enjoy socializing with the tourists.
Many Yanks, Brits and various Euros are wonderful people to party with.

All my bags are packed I'm ready to go.
I'm heading to the airport very soon.
Anybody who's up for a round of golf at Playa Dorada PM me.

Salut everybody.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
AZB said:
What are you folks talking about, mountian view, barica etc? Then some genious mentions nagua (2 plus hrs away)? Hahahahaha
First of all, there is no dominican culture in POP, sosua and cabarete. These are tourist town with resident foreigners who go out with cheap hookers or poor girls from slums, they only know bachata music or listen to merengue which is only suitable for carwash type listening crowd.
Mountian view is a whore house, if you don't believe me, try talking to one of the girls there by the pool. Just look at the architecture of the place, typical whore house syle fixtures all over.
Now if you are going to go all the way to nagua then why is it that not one genious mentioned coming to santiago? only 1hr and 15 mins away through some of the most scenic route of this island. Santiago is full of interesting places ex: jazz bars, open air sports bars/ restaurant, theater, discos, jevito bars and private secret bars where private folks meet. Santiago is the cultural capital of DR where you will find anything and everything in small scale. You want to dance with senoritas then make sure you know how to dance and dress appropriatly and talk a bit of spanish. You will not find cheap poor whores falling all over you like they do in sosua and POP. People in santiago are classy and you will feel right at home of you are looking for this type of social activity. Some of the most beautiful women in DR are from santiago area.
Good luck.
AZB

AZB,

My, my, my.........where to begin in responding to this anticipated criticism. First of all, Jackson's initial request was for places to dance on the NORTH COAST. Based on the map, and your own unending reminders, we can conclude that Santiago does not qualify. The people who suggested Mountain view as an option were right up front that there are hookers there. (the ones in the red tops Jackson). This doesn't change the fact that it is a night club where play salsa, merengue and bachata.

As far as your derrogatory comments about carwashes, I really have to laugh. Like there aren't any in Santiago? You may not like it AZB, with your elitist attitude, but carwash discos are a part of dominican culture. They were NOT created for the tourist industry, and the primary market for the hookers that hang there is dominican men. They also provide a place where dominican and gringo alike can buy their beer or rum at reasonable prices and dance til the wee hours of the morning.

Regarding the suggestion to try Nagua. Yes, it is true that Nagua is a 2 hour drive from PP, but once again, I refer you to the map. It is on the North Coast, or at least I think that was the ocean I saw to my left the last time I drove there. I challenge you to say that Nagua is a tourist town with no Dominican culture inhabited by sankies and hookers.

As usual the board members responded to this man's questions and provided a lot of good information based on what he wanted, and your only response was to say that it's all BS and the only place with any class is Santiago.

By the way, do you ever intend to comply with the law and remove the tint from your windows, or are you just going to keep rolling them down? I guess this attitude toward the law is an example of the class and family values you learned in Santiago?

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
A stay with AZB

Robert said:

Spend a few days with him like I did and you will find out Robert is correct. Remember AZB I have been there, done that, and have the photos to prove it.

Count me as another charter member of the Clean Living, Hooker Hating, Scratched Record, Pro Santiago Group.

Charlie

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Planner, I will take your challange someday and show you a good time in santiago, however, I am not up to the challange into taking many members of DR1 for a spin in santiago for a night life tour. I have guests almost every weekend of the year. Badpiece is here with his buddies and believe me, santiago is quite occupied with their presence alone. I have found many folks from DR1 not interested in cultural scene in santiago, they only want girls or want to know hooker joints. I have always been reduced into providing my pimp services only. So naturally, I am not interested in accepting your full challange.
Now to the other poster who mentioned carwashes:
Carwash is a chopo dominican culture. Decent dominicans don't venture into carwashes and would not be seen dead listening to bachata with a hooker waitress on the side. North coast is full of chopos so naturally it seems like a dominican favorite passtime social club to many.
My tints will stay and I will continue to drive around with windows down until the law will relax like other laws. If I get caught in santiago, I know how to get out of it.
Have a nice day.
AZB

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
brief glossary of AZB generalizations

AZB said:
Planner, I will take your challange someday and show you a good time in santiago, however, I am not up to the challange into taking many members of DR1 for a spin in santiago for a night life tour. I have guests almost every weekend of the year. Badpiece is here with his buddies and believe me, santiago is quite occupied with their presence alone. I have found many folks from DR1 not interested in cultural scene in santiago, they only want girls or want to know hooker joints. I have always been reduced into providing my pimp services only. So naturally, I am not interested in accepting your full challange.
Now to the other poster who mentioned carwashes:
Carwash is a chopo dominican culture. Decent dominicans don't venture into carwashes and would not be seen dead listening to bachata with a hooker waitress on the side. North coast is full of chopos so naturally it seems like a dominican favorite passtime social club to many.
My tints will stay and I will continue to drive around with windows down until the law will relax like other laws. If I get caught in santiago, I know how to get out of it.
Have a nice day.
AZB

"Chopo": poor or working class

"Decent": wealthy elitists

I suspect the hard-working ex-cop father of my novia's best friend, with whom I have spent several evenings socializing at carwashes in PP (along with his daughter and wife), would take issue with your comments. I also suspect you wouldn't want to refer to him (or his family) in that manner face to face!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
sweetdbt said:
"Chopo": poor or working class

"Decent": wealthy elitists

!
How many times we have to go over this issue? Ok, so i will re-invent the wheel all over again for this newbie.

Chopo is not always poor labor class. A chopo can be rich and famous ex: pedro martinez, anthony santos (bachatero) etc. Most dominican yorks are 100 % chopos (note: not all). Some of the biggest chopos in this country are engineers, business owners, politician and even doctors. They all drive SUV and talk loud on cell phones. Gold's gym is full of rich chopos; hint: they love to wear red sneakers.
A poor dominican can be very decent and not be a chopo at all. It just so happens most poor barrio folks are chopos.

Now a "decent" dominican doesn't automatically mean they are elitest class. Elite class folks don't really interact with anyone except themselves. I usually talk about middle to upper middle class folks. Folks with good education, own a late model car, live in a decent sized house in a nice neighborhood and travel frequently to usa and other countries. These folks are far from elite class dominicans but they certainly don't dress or act like chopos.
The elite class folks are in a class by themselves in DR. They fly to maimi just for a weekend shopping trip; they are all seen in first class of planes. They own villas in La romana and often spend weekends in bavaro / punta cana. They are millionaires by any standards. These folks own DR.
So folks, I don't hang with them and I was certainly not talking about them in my post. DR doesn't only have poor barrio folks and then elite class on the other side, there are many middle class folks who also live here.
Have I made this clear or confused you even more?
AZB

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Thanks for "reinventing the wheel"

AZB said:
How many times we have to go over this issue? Ok, so i will re-invent the wheel all over again for this newbie.

Chopo is not always poor labor class. A chopo can be rich and famous ex: pedro martinez, anthony santos (bachatero) etc. Most dominican yorks are 100 % chopos (note: not all). Some of the biggest chopos in this country are engineers, business owners, politician and even doctors. They all drive SUV and talk loud on cell phones. Gold's gym is full of rich chopos; hint: they love to wear red sneakers.
A poor dominican can be very decent and not be a chopo at all. It just so happens most poor barrio folks are chopos.

Now a "decent" dominican doesn't automatically mean they are elitest class. Elite class folks don't really interact with anyone except themselves. I usually talk about middle to upper middle class folks. Folks with good education, own a late model car, live in a decent sized house in a nice neighborhood and travel frequently to usa and other countries. These folks are far from elite class dominicans but they certainly don't dress or act like chopos.
The elite class folks are in a class by themselves in DR. They fly to maimi just for a weekend shopping trip; they are all seen in first class of planes. They own villas in La romana and often spend weekends in bavaro / punta cana. They are millionaires by any standards. These folks own DR.
So folks, I don't hang with them and I was certainly not talking about them in my post. DR doesn't only have poor barrio folks and then elite class on the other side, there are many middle class folks who also live here.
Have I made this clear or confused you even more?
AZB

AZB,

I appreciate your explaination. Although I am a relative newbie, I don't believe I was confused, but you have clarified/verified some things for me, and I appreciate you taking the time. I happen to believe that decent people can also live in small (but well-kept) houses in poor neighborhoods, drive older model cars, and dress tastefully. They may not have the funds to travel abroad, or at least not frequently. They may not be highly educated, but they sacrifice for their daughter to go to university. They enjoy merengue and salsa, but prefer bachata. They drink Presidente and Brugal Extra Viejo.

The place they go to listen to music, drink and dance is sometimes (not always) a carwash. If that makes them chopos, they're pretty "decent" chopos if you ask me.

Have a nice day

(seriously, no sarcasm intended) :classic:

Jackson

Sep 12, 2004
Dancing with Santiago Senoritas.

AZB said:
What are you folks talking about, mountian view, barica etc? Then some genious mentions nagua (2 plus hrs away)? Hahahahaha
First of all, there is no dominican culture in POP, sosua and cabarete. These are tourist town with resident foreigners who go out with cheap hookers or poor girls from slums, they only know bachata music or listen to merengue which is only suitable for carwash type listening crowd.
Mountian view is a whore house, if you don't believe me, try talking to one of the girls there by the pool. Just look at the architecture of the place, typical whore house syle fixtures all over.
Now if you are going to go all the way to nagua then why is it that not one genious mentioned coming to santiago? only 1hr and 15 mins away through some of the most scenic route of this island. Santiago is full of interesting places ex: jazz bars, open air sports bars/ restaurant, theater, discos, jevito bars and private secret bars where private folks meet. Santiago is the cultural capital of DR where you will find anything and everything in small scale. You want to dance with senoritas then make sure you know how to dance and dress appropriatly and talk a bit of spanish. You will not find cheap poor whores falling all over you like they do in sosua and POP. People in santiago are classy and you will feel right at home of you are looking for this type of social activity. Some of the most beautiful women in DR are from santiago area.
Good luck.
AZB

Thanks AZB for you're insightfull input! I'm already planning to visit Santiago for the Cigaros. You say if I want to dance with the senoritas in Santiago to make sure I know how to dance, dress appropriatly? and talk a bit of spanish. This sounds like good advice, but it also sounds a little intimidating as well? Are you saying I'll be looked down at, as some kind of Gringo loser, if I can't meet the above criteria? Could you name a few good places to go? (I'm in my early 30's if that helps narrow things down)? I assume just like in any other city, or country there are bars/clubs where the local men don't like to see foriegn guys mixing with "there women"? Could you give me the "heads-up" on that situation in Santiago too? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.