Dangerous Dog

lasalsa

Apr 9, 2008
A squirt bottle with just water works wonders. At times it just takes a millisecond to distract a dog from the task at hand (Barking at yours). You try the bending down trick on MY dogs, this will leave a nice opening to knock you over and get on your chest.... to lick your face that is.. (NOT).

Bottom line, Its all a matter of socialization. Every dog wants to TEST your dog when he walks the block. The Message you put to your dog as he is walking with you goes a looong way. YOU have to be the TOP dog walking the block, not him/her.

G Luck!

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
I'm surprised no one has mentioned "bending down to pretend to pick up a rock" Try it you might be surprised at the dog's reaction". Old dominican trick.

Oh yeah, I just forgot to mention that one. I've done it and it worked... in conjunction with a guy who was walking along who stamped his feet at the dogs at the same time. That time there were about 3 dogs trotting over in my direction to start some stuff. But yeah, the rock thing is another alternative.... as long as you can find one quickly.