Dangers of propane

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
On the guagua today coming back from San Isidro was a Haitiano with all 4 limbs bandaged, neck bandaged, and a blistered face. I asked him what happened and he told me a propane canister exploded. He said it was 15 days ago. He looked like shit. Of course I didn't tell him that. I did give him 500 pesos for food, assuming that he was unable to work.

It's just kind of a reminder that propane can be dangerous. I have no clue how it happened, but man he looked bad.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Most propane stations will fill any tank regardless of the age or condition. There lies the problem. A tank in good condition shouldn't explode. Also, the stupidity of people keeping tanks inside their house is asking for trouble.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
riding around with the tank on the back of the bike unstrapped, drive with one hand on the tank the other on the throttle, occasionally look back as it slide around....all safe to some of these clowns. How much time does it take to strap in down!!!

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Most propane stations will fill any tank regardless of the age or condition. There lies the problem. A tank in good condition shouldn't explode. Also, the stupidity of people keeping tanks inside their house is asking for trouble.

What to say of those who use them to propulse their vehicles ?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
propane tank blows up in car watch from 1:00 min mark see after math..

I nominate these idiots for a Darwin contender. Anyone that lights a cigarette with a propane tank in the car should be more than 'embarrassed' .
Leaking propane can level a house.

Reactions: cavok

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Propane tanks sometime LEAK as well. I have had that happen on several occasions .. the Valves just go bad . The new safety valves are supposed to prevent this , but the old ones can bleed right out completely , and in a confined area they can definitely create a Bomb effect .

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
in those videos it should be noted that the explosions are only the leaking propane. If the tank were to explode the resets are much more catastrophic.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Do a lot of cars in the DR still use propane? It was quite common a few years ago. I saw many cars, vans, trucks and buses totally burned on the side of the highways. They even had many propane gas stations for cars. It was common for people to convert their vehicles to propane.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
Do a lot of cars in the DR still use propane? It was quite common a few years ago. I saw many cars, vans, trucks and buses totally burned on the side of the highways. They even had many propane gas stations for cars. It was common for people to convert their vehicles to propane.
There are still many. Many have both the gas and propane options.

Reactions: dulce

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Nothing has changed, there are more now than ever. Many that look the same as a regular gas station.

Not only that, but it's not uncommon to see $100K jeepetas filling up in propane stations

• Wow
Reactions: dulce

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
in Sosua couple yrs ago 7yr old was playing with propane tank valve on off and it was outside tank blew killed the poor kid ..

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Many of the KIA's come from the factory equipped for propane and when they are need to be exported from Korea quite a number end up in the DR. As others said, now more cars are using propane then ever on DR roads.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Actually...I think that driving in the 🇩🇴 involves a LOT more risk than fuel method used to propel your vehicle.
Dangers of propane...show me some actual data that supports your hype.