Daughter Getting a New Heart Tonight

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Wow! What a gift! Congratulations. What a thing to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.

Sending well wishes.

jlw919

Sep 18, 2003
Out Of the Hospital in time for the Holidays

First off we thank all of you for your prayers. Barbara was discharged from Barnes Jewish Hospital on Dec 13th with a new healthy heart that is working well. After a 3 week stay in ICU and another week in the heart ward to get a little strength back she is now well on her way to a full recovery. First 4 weekly biopsys show no rejection.

Her children are on their way here to spend the holidays with mom. Grand-pa feels that it is time for him to get back to some warm wearter for the holidays and will be on his way to Santiago Sunday.

Again thanks to all of you who had her in your thoughts. This is one thread I am so happy to bring to a successful and happy end.
r
Jimmy
:)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
jimmy, we are all so happy for you and the family. I am happy that the Good Lord was watching over this case.

Good for your daughter. She's a tough girl...

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays...

HB & Clan

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
First off we thank all of you for your prayers. Barbara was discharged from Barnes Jewish Hospital on Dec 13th with a new healthy heart that is working well. After a 3 week stay in ICU and another week in the heart ward to get a little strength back she is now well on her way to a full recovery. First 4 weekly biopsys show no rejection.

Her children are on their way here to spend the holidays with mom. Grand-pa feels that it is time for him to get back to some warm wearter for the holidays and will be on his way to Santiago Sunday.

Again thanks to all of you who had her in your thoughts. This is one thread I am so happy to bring to a successful and happy end.
r
Jimmy

Jimmy--you are one class AAA guy. From the get go to the thank you
what more can I say other than God Bless and hope all is well with you and your family.
JOHN

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hi Jimmy,
from the daily posts on the Care page I know that Barbara had a fairly hard time with some side effects. I am delighted to see she came through with flying colours & that 'HOME' will be a joyful place this Christmas.

Come home for some R & R now - it has been a roller-coaster 4 weeks for you!! ~ Grahame.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006

r
Jimmy

I am sure this is going to be the very BEST holiday time for you and all your family - obviously Barbara is a brave girl and will surely go from strength to strength with her new 'brave heart'. So happy for you all xXx

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
The gift of life is so special and unique...and I am so happy for your daughter and your family that she pulled through this difficult time, especially in view of the holidays.
To all of you and especially Barbara, I wish you all the best and good health in 2008.

jlw919

Sep 18, 2003
Barbs New heart

Barbara is nearing the 2nd anniversary of her heart transplant. She has had many complications with a virus from the donor heart (CMV) which has been very hard to rid the body of. Heart is healthy with no complications. We have had good months and bad ones but are thankful she is still with us and hopefully eventually will be completely recovered. Thanks for asking.
Jimmy

linmagic

Sep 20, 2009
Jimmy, I am very happy to hear that she has done so well and I hope that the virus is eradicated soon!

Lin
:bunny: