Dengue for Christmas

bayaguanaman

Oct 22, 2009
Papaya leaf juice helps increase platelet and white blood cell counts.
Check it out, it can't hurt.

Features | Sundayobserver.lk - Sri Lanka

I had Dengue in Nassau, 1996. Even today, my blood platlet count is really low, somewhere round the 70-90,000 all the time. The boss indoors makes me a very pleasant concoction of a fruit (similar to a pommegranet, but smaller) and red sweet peppers, washed and into the liquidizer, then strained to remove lumps etc. The doctor here in the village agreed this was the best thing for me to drink, as did my consultant in the capital. I cant recall the name of the fruit, but it works a treat.

I was told like malaria, you can suffer the same symptoms as the original for years after, if you become run down and or severely stressed out. Sorry to read of the other posters loss of niece, any loss of life is a tradgedy, but at 10 yrs old, words fail me.

FM

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Gandolf, my sincerest condolences for your loss.

Dog, happy you survived.

Never had it, but heard the tales from our cleaning lady who had it, and it sounds horrible.

BelgianK

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
if i buy some "off" spray and apply on my hairy legs while wearing shorts... Would that substitute pants? I hate wearing long pants in dr, it's so hot there.

Oh and is the water from the mini trucks driving around town with the annoying hoking safe to drink or should i opt for packaged bottled dasani water from la sirena?

Hand cleaner as in hand sanitizer? Are there cheap subsitutes over there for this?

yes, yes, and yes

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
miesposo's aunt dies from dengue few years ago. she took meds for a short time, fell better and stopped all medicine. in the meantime her health was deteriorating on the inside, so to speak. by the time she was taken to a hospital she was in such bad shape she died within hours.

so yes, normally a mild form of dengue is just like really annoying flu. but when it gets bad it gets bad fast. i strongly recommend to fumigate: small spray for bedrooms, you spray all over and half an hour later can go to sleep (remember to do the bathroom too); big pumps for the garden, you mix poison with water and spray all over, especially under banana trees.

apart from that: all chloro to cisternas and tinacoc. make sure you drop some in any abandoned pools in your area too. when walking around in the area (like us when we walk the dogs) keep your eyes open. sometimes large palm leaves falling off trees will allow water to gather in the bark, empty those.