Depressing

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Oh, getting laid is easy, if I wanted that.... just not in the mood to 'lay' random guys. Besides the 'high' of that is only temporary. lol

And no, I'm not from NY... but I'll keep you in mind should I ever venture that way & wanna be pimped out. ;) lol

I had you pictured in my mind as a he!!!!!!! lol

My bad!!!!

If you ever in NY, I wont pimp you out, I will show you the town instead!!!!!

Cheer up. There will be better days. Trust me.

Zap28

Feb 24, 2011
I had you pictured in my mind as a he!!!!!!! lol

My bad!!!!

If you ever in NY, I wont pimp you out, I will show you the town instead!!!!!

Cheer up. There will be better days. Trust me.

haha nope 100% female. :)

I know there'll be better days, just a hum-drum kinda day today. Need something to perk it up is all.

As for your offer to show me the town... ur on!! ;) (always wanted to come to NY)

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Oh, getting laid is easy, if I wanted that.... just not in the mood to 'lay' random guys. Besides the 'high' of that is only temporary. lol

If you don't mind, I am going to use this as a basis for a thread.;)

DR2001

Jan 2, 2011
Feel your pain, and hey CaptnGlenn, I really know your Pittsburgh Winter Blues pain all too well! But Equitable Gas is loving it!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
every time i go home for christmas i nearly pee my pants from happiness at seeing snow and being in the cold.
what depresses me is that in DR i lose the track of time, i have no idea about the season of the year. when i talk to my mum and she says "we have apples" i go, like, "oh my god, autumn? it's summer here". then one day she says "flowers are coming out" and it reminds me that THERE IS NO SAKURA IN DR!!!!
darn!
grass is always more (or less) snowy on the other side of the fence...

Zap28

Feb 24, 2011
every time i go home for christmas i nearly pee my pants from happiness at seeing snow and being in the cold.
what depresses me is that in DR i lose the track of time, i have no idea about the season of the year. when i talk to my mum and she says "we have apples" i go, like, "oh my god, autumn? it's summer here". then one day she says "flowers are coming out" and it reminds me that THERE IS NO SAKURA IN DR!!!!
darn!
grass is always more (or less) snowy on the other side of the fence...

True enough.. and fair statement. It's what I've always loved about Canada. The four seasons. But frankly I could do without the cold snowy LONG winters... even if only temporary. And since I've got the DR on my brain, it's sunny skies I'm craving. ;)

I DO love the middle & end of spring & love summer & fall.... you can have my winters I'll take yours. ;)

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
Dam why did I have to read this now I am down and I am in panama the weather is great. It is not where U R it is a state of mind. I well try to keep from jumping off my new job in to the great blue sea with out my life vest.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
It is not where U R it is a state of mind.

Agreed.

Paging Dr. Phil, paging Dr. Phil.

Cheer up.

Have a glass of wine or something.

Life is too precious to be thinking about suicide.;)

Tomorrow will be a better day. I promise.

Zap28

Feb 24, 2011
Holy dramatic!!! LOL I was merely stating this weather is getting on my nerves & it's depressing. I've never liked the winter... just tolerated it and appreciated that we had four different seasons. Now that I've enjoyed the climate down in the DR I've grown a NEW appreciation for THAT winter weather & would much rather have IT instead, lol. Love my country don't get me wrong... just hate the dreary depressing winter days. Just having a bad day... I must be the only one to have these? Geesh!

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Holy dramatic!!! LOL I was merely stating this weather is getting on my nerves & it's depressing. I've never liked the winter... just tolerated it and appreciated that we had four different seasons. Now that I've enjoyed the climate down in the DR I've grown a NEW appreciation for THAT winter weather & would much rather have IT instead, lol. Love my country don't get me wrong... just hate the dreary depressing winter days. Just having a bad day... I must be the only one to have these? Geesh!

Chica!!! I think it was a great thread I am sure some of us laughed and relaxed a lil today by reading it...............I loved it.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
I like the seasons, and I even used to like winter and the skiing, (haven't skied in many years)... it's just the length of the winter that sucks. LOL When you go for 6 or 7 weeks with the temp not going above freezing... and even staying well below that, the snow and ice tend to get boring. I don't know if constant 80 degrees F and sunny will ever get boring, but I'm looking forward to finding out. LOL I will say though, that Spring in Philly, and/or Fall in Pittsburgh are really awesome.

and to Dr. DR.-- I can't really complain about my gas bill... the bill for my single family home is about 20 % of what it costs for my daughter's two bedroom apt. in philly. go figure! Except for the fact her apt hasn't blown up, I'd swear they were leaking gas.

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
Well Zap28, there you go.
All these loving folks should've helped you "Zap" some of those post D.R. blues.
I always have a great time in D.R. but towards the end of my stay I can't help feeling a little homesick for the good ole U.S.A.
My D.R. fixes last me about three months, LOL. Then the urge starts all over again!
Let us know the next time you are in D.R., some of us gals should get together for a night on the town!

1day, 13hrs and 23minutes to go!

Wishing you better days!

Ccarabella

skinny36

Mar 2, 2010
Well Zap28, there you go.
All these loving folks should've helped you "Zap" some of those post D.R. blues.
I always have a great time in D.R. but towards the end of my stay I can't help feeling a little homesick for the good ole U.S.A.
My D.R. fixes last me about three months, LOL. Then the urge starts all over again!
Let us know the next time you are in D.R., some of us gals should get together for a night on the town!

1day, 13hrs and 23minutes to go!

Wishing you better days!

Ccarabella

i agree with you! I know the feeling all too well that zap is feeling ....
6 days, 5 hours and 8 minutes to go!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i see that as people get old they stop liking many things.
take canadian fatties, for instance :) as kids they enjoy the snow because hey, SCHOOLS GET CLOSED! and they can play! and they don't care about snow piling up and up! yup!
what about dominican fatties? as kids they totally LOVE rain. they go out, play, jump into puddles of water, run in the gutters, thay have fantastic time. as adults they'd rather be dead than wet.

Zap28

Feb 24, 2011
I stopped liking the 'snow' very early on in my life. I can tolerate it for a month at most... then it just becomes a nuisance. And not just the SNOW in particular, it's more the cold weather, grey skies, bleak look around town, ice covered cars/roads/sidewalks etc. Needing layer upon layer of clothes, coats, hats, mittens/gloves, scarves, big heavy warm/waterproof boots, snowpants... colds left right & center, shovelling, scraping... and if you have to walk anywhere, it takes twice as long and you sweat by the time you get where you're going cuz you have to bundle up so much to stay warm for the better part of the walk.

And that's not including the depressing feelings it gives MANY ppl during the winter b/c of the grey skies, filthy wet, slippery roads & freezing cold weather cooping you up in your house.

I'm sure for those who love snowboarding, skiiing, snowmobiling etc. and can afford to do those things it's great. But to those who don't... not so much.

Sometimes, it just gets to be too much.