Deslinde process

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
In agreement with Lindsey, I would also highly recommend Lisa Ewest of Lisa Legal Solutions in Sosua.

I have found her knowledge to always be accurate and very up to date on all Dominican law issues. In addition, she is pleasant and easy to deal with on all matters.

alexdr

Aug 19, 2010
Is it possible to locate a surveyor and negotiate the first step with him? Upon completion, when the services of a lawyer is necessary with the court process, then to hire a lawyer and negotiate a price?

rover

Aug 19, 2007
How about in the Monte Plata area ? Anyone use a lawyer for a deslinde in that area and had a good outcome and would make a recommendation ? Thanks

Isobel

Jul 21, 2011
My deslinde from start to finish took 19 months. It was approved 9 months before I received the actual document, but when I asked about the document, I was always told they had a backlog. It cost 1000 dollars on a 4000 m2 lot, but I am told it depends on the size of the plot. The survey is a large proportion of the cost. I wouldn't have wanted to try to do it without a lawyer. Would you work with someone who doesn't give you are a receipt in your home country? Don't ever work with anyone who doesn't want to give you one. How likely are they to be organized in their records if they won't do that? It isn't just about trust. You will hear loads of horror stories about crooked lawyers and even if they are straight, it is easy to forget something if it is not written down.

drbcabarete

Oct 21, 2005
In Cabarete, Jenny Familia, 809-868-2859 or 809-399-5481. She works with a surveyor who even brings his own GPS equipment and it works. She speaks perfect english and spanish, has been in town for 6 1/2 years and gets the process completed.

alexdr

Aug 19, 2010
In Cabarete, Jenny Familia, 809-868-2859 or 809-399-5481. She works with a surveyor who even brings his own GPS equipment and it works. She speaks perfect english and spanish, has been in town for 6 1/2 years and gets the process completed.

What is her charge for the process and how long did it take?

alexdr

Aug 19, 2010
We are also going through Guido Perdomo. Almost 2 years and still no deslinde!

A friend built a house in Costambar on a lot purchased through Guido Perdomo. While in the USA, the real owners of the property showed up, took the house and moved in!

rover

Aug 19, 2007
A friend built a house in Costambar on a lot purchased through Guido Perdomo. While in the USA, the real owners of the property showed up, took the house and moved in!

Inquiring minds want to know ....... and what does Guido Perdomo have to say about this ?????????????