Destination: Jarabacoa

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
sweetdbt said:
No Jimmy, that was not a flame. It was "as close as I will come to a flame". I like to follow board decorum and not attack others, which is essentially what you are doing when you say that those of us who need or choose to be careful about how much we spend on a hotel room shouldn't travel at all. IMHO this is arrogant and presumptuous. It would be like some millionaire telling you that you shouldn't bother traveling unless you can afford to fly first class and stay in 5 star resorts every night.

Your comparison to going to Disney World and just looking doesn't work. What you are really saying is that if you can't afford to stay at the Disneyland resort, you shouldn't go to Orlando, or the theme park, even though there are lots of less expensive hotels in Orlando where you can stay. I went to Jarabacoa, saw, felt and experienced pretty much all the place has to offer, including the parade of the horsemen in the town square at sunset from a resteraunt balcony just 2 blocks away from my room. I went to the theme park and had a blast. It was NOT a mistake.

I understand.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Thank you all

Just wanted to say thanks to all the members for their wonderfull advice.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Speaking of Jarabacoa, I DO NOT recommend the Pinar Dorado hotel. Very expensive rates, rooms pretty old and haven't been renovated. I went to Jarabacoa last year, on a whim, without much planning and ended up staying at this hotel, because is the only one I knew of. Later on I found out about the Grand Jimenoa and wished would have stayed there instead.

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
suarezn said:
Speaking of Jarabacoa, I DO NOT recommend the Pinar Dorado hotel. Very expensive rates, rooms pretty old and haven't been renovated. I went to Jarabacoa last year, on a whim, without much planning and ended up staying at this hotel, because is the only one I knew of. Later on I found out about the Grand Jimenoa and wished would have stayed there instead.

Sounds like my experience. I have stayed in Grand Jimenoa twice since and plan on returning with 10 couples and taking over the place for a few days.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
suarezn said:

Thanks I will keep that in mind.