diabetes info needed

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
I know this is a little off topic but it does apply. A diabetic goes to her [his] doctor all there lives at $$ per visit. why not cure it because the medical system says there is no cure or they need the money.
Doctors - Chromium & More
"DIABETES is the number one shame of the "orthodox" doctors in the 20th century. Diabetes is easy to prevent, easy to cure and treat (in laboratory animals and probably in humans) so you can avoid all of the terrible side effects (i.e. blindness, hypertension, amputations, early death, etc.). Since 1958, it has been known that supplemental chromium will prevent and treat diabetes as well as hypoglycemia. Just ask any health food store owner or N.D.! Walter Mertz (the director of the U.S.D.A. field services) published the facts associated with chromium and diabetes in the Federation Proceeding. Here is the ultimate case of a whole specialty of medicine which could be wiped out by universal chromium supplementation Nevertheless these facts are kept secret and away from the public for purely economic reasons.. Additionally, in 1985, the medical school at the University of Vancouver, BC, Canada stated that "vanadium will replace insulin for adult onset diabetics." Chromium/vanadium and the diabetes story should be on the front page of the newspaper in the same bold print as VE DAY instead of announcing things like artificial heart pumps that will temporarily save one life for $250,000!"
I know a Naturopath Doctor that is eliminating diabetes in the US

This information is erroneous and borderline dangerous

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
To each his own my friend. I have seen and personally experience excellent results from these similar (comical) remedies after your preferred clinical approach not only failed but caused worse side effects. Doesn't take a genius to figure out the corruption that exists starting from the richest companies in the world (Pharmaceuticals) to lobbyists, to politicians to med school to the Doctors office. Most western meds treat the symptoms not the cause, the new symptoms that come of course have another med for that!!! The BIG $$machine don't turn by healing patients- its by continuous treatments. Usually the Doctor is the innocent bystander as they are taught how to treat.

Anyone considering replacing insulin with supplements is a comedian,and one that wont be around long.

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
Anyone who listens to his doctor won't be around very long in the US the leading cause of death and bankruptcy is the medical system. Don't believe look it up it is even written up in their own journals. Dr. Joel Wallach has been helping diabetic for over 40 years. Doctor have not found a cure for anything in the last 60 years but they do have lots of drug to sell that treat symptoms.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Anyone who has read anything at all about chromium knows that it helps to regulate sugar levels.

It's a good supplement for someone who is pre-diabetic, to help avoid full-blown diabetes. It's not a substitute for insulin though. If I were diabetic, I'd take it in addition to the insulin, with careful monitoring, to see if I could reduce my insulin intake.

I don't see that happening with a poor family in DR though. Mr. AE's father was diabetic, we bought him the testing machine and strips, and he didn't even use it. Once a week or two, he'd go to the farmacia near his house and get his sugar tested. He lost his eyesight, etc., I believe because he didn't recognize the importance of proper monitoring. Unfortunately, that's the mindset of many Dominicans. Amazing that he lived until age 92.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
I would not recommend taking any supplements, substitutes or altering any medicine regimen without first consulting with a Endocrinologist.They are the quarterback,pitcher or coach, if you will, of a diabetics life

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Anyone who listens to his doctor won't be around very long in the US the leading cause of death and bankruptcy is the medical system. Don't believe look it up it is even written up in their own journals. Dr. Joel Wallach has been helping diabetic for over 40 years. Doctor have not found a cure for anything in the last 60 years but they do have lots of drug to sell that treat symptoms.

This is the biggest problem with western medicine. There are absolutely no cures being developed, only temporary fixes to symptoms to create the illusion that patients are getting better. Somehow people like pauleast are fooled into believing the system is the best way for things to be handled. It's almost comical the way they scoff at eastern/traditional types of medicine meanwhile prescription drugs in the U.S. have killed more people than heroin and cocaine combined...

There ya go, businessinsider which I consider a credible source..

Painkillers Kill More Americans Than Heroin And Cocaine - Business Insider

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
Google the Neem tree. Like sugar, the Spanish brought the tree to DR from Iberia where 'Arabs' got it from Persia who got it from India over millenia. The tea from the leaf purportedly is good for diabetics. It is used in Ayurvedic medicine in India to treat or prevent diabetes, as well as for many other disorders. The Neem tree is used everywhere here as a shade tree. Its twigs, bark, flowers, like the Moringa, all have different uses.

May 5, 2007
Damm, now I'm agreeing with you on something :) My cousin is Type II diabetic. He takes insulin, tests 4 times daily, is very conscious of his diet, runs and swims daily and does well. Sure, you aren't likely to die right off from diabetes (Uncontrolled sugar levels) but you may wish you were dead after you lose your eye sight, toes, feet, legs

One of the most striking things I ever saw regarding diabetes was the movie (The Good Shepard), a story starring Matt Damon, Anjela Jolie and Robert DeNiro. It "vaguely" chronicles the CIA from it's beginning as the OSS

DeNiro plays William Donovan, sort of the founder of the CIA. At the beginning of the movie DeNiro has his foot bandaged and someone asks what happened and he replies "Damm sugar disease" Later he is seen on crutches, a few yeas later he is seen as an amputee in a wheelchair

I'm not sure why but this movie, while not even having it as the central them showed me the dangers of diabetes and not controlling

Certain ethnic groups are at a much higher risk for contracting the disease, personally I am very cognizant of the massive increase in the American population and do my best to avoid it

Contrary to older diagnosis, most endocrinologists will now tell you there is no thing as "pre diabetes" or "Borderline" diabetic, you pancreas either works correctly or it does not. The only things pre or borderline is your glucose levels and with careful management you may remain drug free for a few years

At preset there is no cure but it can be controlled allowing people to live a somewhat normal life

I would not recommend taking any supplements, substitutes or altering any medicine regimen without first consulting with a Endocrinologist.They are the quarterback,pitcher or coach, if you will, of a diabetics life

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
There are people who use drug founded web sites like webmd and quackwatch to make their medical news sorry they sell drugs not cures.
Low blood sugar and high blood sugar is caused by the same problem being the cells inability to use insulin and sugar. Chromium is the ESSENTIAL mineral used by the body to regulate the use of insulin and sugar
Chromium here is some FACTS mean CR [chromium] Blood levels [u/l]
28-1000-------------1948
13--------------------1971
10 -------------------1972
4.7-5.1 -------------1973
0.73 -1.6 ----------1974
0.16 ----------------1978
0.43 ----------------1980
0.13 ----------------1985
and even going lower
Now here is a list of symptoms of chromium deficiencies
Low blood sugar
Prediabetes
Diabetes
Hyperactivity
Learning disabilies
ADD/ADHD
Hyperirritability
Depression
Manic depression
Bi-polar disease
Impaired growth
Elevated blood triglycerides
Elevated blood cholesterol
Coronary blood vessel disease
Aortic cholesterol plaque
Infertility and decreased sperm count
Shortened life span.

Now if you are able to see when CR. goes down all these deficiencies show up. If you can not see the collation your eyes are not open.
If you have lost you craving for sugar your body are telling you that you have enough because it is able to use the sugar in your system.
If I was to use chromium I would get a blood glucose meter and check daily.
When you finally have it under control fire your doctor because you know more than him.

May 5, 2007
There are people who use drug founded web sites like webmd and quackwatch to make their medical news sorry they sell drugs not cures.
Low blood sugar and high blood sugar is caused by the same problem being the cells inability to use insulin and sugar. Chromium is the ESSENTIAL mineral used by the body to regulate the use of insulin and sugar
Chromium here is some FACTS mean CR [chromium] Blood levels [u/l]
28-1000-------------1948
13--------------------1971
10 -------------------1972
4.7-5.1 -------------1973
0.73 -1.6 ----------1974
0.16 ----------------1978
0.43 ----------------1980
0.13 ----------------1985
and even going lower
Now here is a list of symptoms of chromium deficiencies
Low blood sugar
Prediabetes
Diabetes
Hyperactivity
Learning disabilies
ADD/ADHD
Hyperirritability
Depression
Manic depression
Bi-polar disease
Impaired growth
Elevated blood triglycerides
Elevated blood cholesterol
Coronary blood vessel disease
Aortic cholesterol plaque
Infertility and decreased sperm count
Shortened life span.

Now if you are able to see when CR. goes down all these deficiencies show up. If you can not see the collation your eyes are not open.
If you have lost you craving for sugar your body are telling you that you have enough because it is able to use the sugar in your system.
If I was to use chromium I would get a blood glucose meter and check daily.
When you finally have it under control fire your doctor because you know more than him.

Damm, I'm going to get a bumper off a 1959 Cadillac and sleep with it :)

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Contrary to older diagnosis, most endocrinologists will now tell you there is no thing as "pre diabetes" or "Borderline" diabetic, you pancreas either works correctly or it does not.

As far as my endocrinologist told me, your pancreas could be working great and you still have high glucose levels because of other factors. Overweight being the most important because fat tissue absorbs insulin and takes it out of the blood stream, leaving the glucose level uncontrolled. This is considered pre-diabetes, because in this situation the pancreas works non-stop producing insulin to try to compensate until it literally gives up, and then you are a full blown diabetic. But if you lose the extra weight at this point, the situation will be reversed to normal.

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
The people had more chromium in their blood in 1984 because there was more in the food they ate. The soils have been depleted of minerals every year. It is even worse now. The deficiencies of this mineral alone is diabetes. This is the mineral your body needs to tell the cells to accept insulin and in turn use sugar the doctors call this a insulin resistance. Most all type 2 diabetics make more insulin than non diabetics but the cells can not use it.

May 5, 2007
As far as my endocrinologist told me, your pancreas could be working great and you still have high glucose levels because of other factors. Overweight being the most important because fat tissue absorbs insulin and takes it out of the blood stream, leaving the glucose level uncontrolled. This is considered pre-diabetes, because in this situation the pancreas works non-stop producing insulin to try to compensate until it literally gives up, and then you are a full blown diabetic. But if you lose the extra weight at this point, the situation will be reversed to normal.

Listen to your doctor not me, just relaying from doctor to relative to me, likely lost some details in exchange but he was pretty adamant and kind of upset about term "pre diabetes"

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Listen to your doctor not me, just relaying from doctor to relative to me, likely lost some details in exchange but he was pretty adamant and kind of upset about term "pre diabetes"

It might boil down to semantics. I guess the term is used to refer to those individuals with a high risk of becoming diabetic, and not to a previous phase of the condition per se.

I've been flirting with diabetes for the last 4 years or so. If I get careless, glucose levels spike. If I watch what I eat and exercise (and lose weight), I go back to normal. With both parents being diabetic, both grandfathers dying of diabetes complications, I guess I can only stop it for so long.

May 5, 2007
It might boil down to semantics. I guess the term is used to refer to those individuals with a high risk of becoming diabetic, and not to a previous phase of the condition per se.

The whole concept of diabetes scares me, especially after gaining weight in my head ? My lifestyle has become way too sedentary and I have to watch my diet carefully and force myself to exercise

It truly scary the amount of people in the US who have diabetes and even more so when you consider the numbers that may have the disease undiagnosed

There are quite a few elderly (Post 70) people in the condo complex I live in, I see so many at the pools with missing toes it's terrifying. I came into this world with all my parts and damm well intend leaving the same way

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Yes, it is scary. And most times it can be prevented and controlled to the point where you die of different causes.
But in order to control it you need to be very strict and limit yourself in some many ways that sometimes you wonder if it is even worth it. I know I do. At 42 I might be looking at 20-25 of happy life or maybe 40 or limited life. It's a life choice.

May 5, 2007
Yes, it is scary. And most times it can be prevented and controlled to the point where you die of different causes.
But in order to control it you need to be very strict and limit yourself in some many ways that sometimes you wonder if it is even worth it. I know I do. At 42 I might be looking at 20-25 of happy life or maybe 40 or limited life. It's a life choice.

Thankfully I am not afflicted, but I swear it's so prevalent I sometimes feel I am going to "catch it" just from being around others :-(

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
Type 2 diabetes is a mineral deficiency you can not catch it from being around other persons. I have done research for many years because I want be live to 120 years and feel good. I am well over half way and not on any prescription drug and not going to be on any. There is a lot of good information put out my Naturopath doctors and a lot of miss information put out by doctors selling prescription drugs.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
All of this is very interesting to me, and obviously to others, but we need to steer this back to diabetes in the DR, or it's going to Off Topic Forum.