Dialing "1-800" Numbers from DR

helpmann

On Vacation!
May 18, 2004
Hi all,

When I'm in the DR, what is the prefix I need to dial to make a "1-800" call from a "DR" (Orange or Verizon) cellphone?

Thanks,
Helpmann :)

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
Hi, to call 1-800 has a charge of 10 pesos plus taxes from DR but there are some company as Delta Airline that they 1-800 number is toll free from DR and you diail directily without changing the prefix.

1-800 = 1-880
1-888 = 1-881
1-877 = 1-882
1-866 = 1-883

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
windeguy said:
Calling an 800 number from the DR is usually much more expensive than calling a regular land line. Last I checked it was about 10 pesos per minute from my land line. If you have access to an internet connected PC and a mic/headset, you can download a program called SKYPE that will allow you to make 800 number calls for free. Now I don't worry about being on terminal hold while making such a call to those types of numbers. Two SKYPE computer users can call each other for free as well. The voice quality is better than normal phone lines.

SKYPE also has a service that lets you call the US (and many other counries) for about 2 US cents a minute. They use a different business model than Vonage does. Skype has you pay the equivalent of 10 Euros upfront and then you use it up as you call. No monthly fees are involved. I also looked into seeing if it was cheaper to use to call numbers here within the DR than using my local verizon land line, but it isn't.

Better yet use vonage softfone as youcan call any other vonage users for free and dial actual phone numbers for free up to I believe 500 minutes. Of course if you live in the DR just get a vonage phone and call the states for free anytime. . . .to any phone. . . . canada too. . . .