Did I miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Those darn Chinese Hackers at it again!.
Now they are trying to keep people out of the DR.
What will they think of next?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
It's gone, I don't see it in the database (Thread ID: 73542).

It was 56 pages as well :(

Well obviously the person that deleted knows they removed it. Perhaps an explanation is in order as it was on topic and although not without some disagreements, was tame.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Only Robert has the powers to vaporise threads into nothingness and it clearly wasn't him. From what I remember from my modding days, if one of the mods deleted it they would still be able to view it as a deleted thread.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Only Robert has the powers to vaporise threads into nothingness and it clearly wasn't him. From what I remember from my modding days, if one of the mods deleted it they would still be able to view it as a deleted thread.

Correct!!!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002

I think and I could be wrong but super mods can delete threads into cyber space forever and never to be found!

Not trying to cause trouble but I strongely feel and have said it before that only Robert should have that kind of power.

Reactions: Bronxboy

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
It's gone, I don't see it in the database (Thread ID: 73542).

It was 56 pages as well :(

now this is scary!!! who could vaporize a 56 page thread? was it simply the use of the ignore button? As in, if xxx posters push the ignore button, the thread vaporizes?

Ok,we are going to have to start again

now with two threads...

living in the DR on a modest, middle class budget

and

wow you got really screwed by the recession and only have $500 a month, can you make it here?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Well obviously the person that deleted knows they removed it. Perhaps an explanation is in order as it was on topic and although not without some disagreements, was tame.

Stop looking for someone to hang.
Only admins (me) can totally hard delete threads.

It's not the first time we have had threads vanish.
Its happened 3-4 times in the past 8-10 yrs.

It's a bug when areas of the message board are re-indexed, or that seems to be the consensus of opinion. The board is about to have a massive update, and I mean massive, new back end, way it works etc. Hopefully the bug will be gone.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Stop looking for someone to hang.
Only admins (me) can totally hard delete threads.

It's not the first time we have had threads vanish.
Its happened 3-4 times in the past 8-10 yrs.

It's a bug when areas of the message board are re-indexed, or that seems to be the consensus of opinion. The board is about to have a massive update, and I mean massive, new back end, way it works etc. Hopefully the bug will be gone.

Hardly looking for anyone to hang, just an explanation. You've given one, not very believeable, but I'm hardly an expert on what happens when you re-index.

santanatwins

Jan 20, 2004
Well if someone can pull up the deleted thread, I can clean it up and piece the relevant info for those that might be looking for that info. As I said in my ex-pat challenge thread, I'm gonna have a lot of free time on my hands come May 1st.

Let me know Robert

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Jesus, what is it with this thread, you would think there was emotional bond there.
It has gone, rob has already stated that, no big deal, start another if you must.
There are plenty of threads on living expenses. Spend a while figuring out the search function, might be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.