Direct TV or Dish Network?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
According to the following chart, you should get more transponders.

DirecTV Sat 101

Sometimes a bad connection will also cause the symptoms you have described.

D in Tampa/Santiago

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
would Dish give you NYC channels, such as YES and MSG?

r8t24o.gif

You will not get any channels that are broadcast on "Spot Beams" if you are not in the geographic area of the Spot Beam.

So, the answer to your question is determined by what beam those channels are broadcast on, Spot or Conus and where you are located.

And if they are carried by Dish.

Last edited:

botemon

Jun 28, 2008
SantiagoDR. YES! You are correct. My bad. I removed the switch and have the same result. Out of the 32 transponders, I have all the odd ones and 2 even (2 and 10..I think). I understand ?spot beams? however this ?should only be relative to locals. In other words I get two HBO channels in a row but the next one or two is missing. This is the case with all the channels. Two or three in a row and then two or three missing. I?m not complaining cause I have a bunch.

Windeguy. I have three C-band LNB?s and one KU band. The three C-bands all do the same thing and I have swapped out the cables etc.

After further research here is what I am coming up with. Listed below are the ?proper? LNB?s to be used with their respective Sats.

101w amc 4 - linear lnb, either universal or standard- 10750 mhz
119w echo 7 - circular lnb standard - 11250 mhz
110w echo 8 & 10,x - circular lnb standard - 11250 mhz

So I have been using the existing LNB?s from my old FTA set-up which are CIRCULAR LNB?s. I think what I need is LINIAR LNB.
Your thoughts??
Thanks folks!!!!
Respectfully
Ken La Isabella harbor on the North coast

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Most of us down in the DR don't use DirecTV,we normally use Dish Network.

DirecTV and Dish Network normally use only Circular LNB's.

The "C band" LNB's are useless to you for DirecTV and Dish Network.

The 3 satellites you listed in your last post are not DirecTV satellite.
Yes, DirecTV has a 101, 110 and 119 but not the names you posted.

AMC 4 shows as 67.0 W on LyngSat listing, not 101.0 W.

Windeguy. I have three C-band LNB’s and one KU band. The three C-bands all do the same thing and I have swapped out the cables etc.

You said you have 3 C Band LNB's and only 1 KU Band LNB.
So, you can not be using multiple LNB's for DirecTV, you can use only the 1 KU Band LNB.

May 8, 2009
Dish 500

We have two Dish 500 boxes; one from Puerto Rico and one from Florida. As you guys know, the local channels do not come in. How is it possible to get the football games broadcast on local channels?

CC

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
We have two Dish 500 boxes; one from Puerto Rico and one from Florida. As you guys know, the local channels do not come in. How is it possible to get the football games broadcast on local channels?

CC

28wl086.png

wcejbl.png

If you have a Dish Network subscription with a Puerto Rican address then you should get the P.R local channels as the signals for those channels are very strong in the D.R.

D in Tamps/Santiago

vertigo

Feb 14, 2011
hello everybody wondering if anyone can help me with the following Q im interested in catching bell signal 91w and 82 w nimiq i would like to know dish size needed for punta cana area any info would be very helpfull thank you

Amare

Feb 8, 2011
I have a penthouse on the top floor in Santiago. I don't have room for a 6' dish. Am I out of luck? Will the one I got with my package work? I know people in NY put the dish on their balcony, but a big 6' dish is gonna look akward.

Feb 7, 2007
hello everybody wondering if anyone can help me with the following Q im interested in catching bell signal 91w and 82 w nimiq i would like to know dish size needed for punta cana area any info would be very helpfull thank you

Practically and technically impossible.

You would need 6ft dish as a bare minimum for Nimiq 2 (DirectV) and 10 ft as a bare minimum for Nimiq 1 (Bell). Those are for 91w. I cannot seem to find recent footprint for Nimiq 4 (82w) but I guess it would be roughly same as Nimiq 1.

Last edited:

vertigo

Feb 14, 2011
thank you rubio for the reply if anyone can add please doe it will really help me thank you to all

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Satpointer.com

thank you rubio for the reply if anyone can add please doe it will really help me thank you to all

SatPointer – Accurate satellite pointing using Google Maps

Enter your location and then go to the bottom of the page and click on the link called

"Required dish sizes + Satellites available at your location"

It will tell you the dish sizes needed for a given beam from the satellites. For example 91W has this result in Punta Cana:

91.0W Galaxy 17 / Nimiq 1 + 2 N/A
NIM001KB Out of zone / Unknown
GXY011CB Out of zone / Unknown
GXY011KB Out of zone / Unknown
NIM001KB 48 70
GXY011CB 32 450

Last edited:

Amits

Mar 6, 2011
Hey,
is someone would like to sell reciver? I am intersted in buying one.
Let me know

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Just wanted to see if anyone had any new information on this. Has anyone found a reliable person to set up an English-speaking Dish or Direct TV service in the DR?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Just wanted to see if anyone had any new information on this. Has anyone found a reliable person to set up an English-speaking Dish or Direct TV service in the DR?

Conchman has some contact information, I believe.

El commandante

Oct 17, 2004
I dont think DirecTV works here, due to satellite positions or something.

I have Dishnetwork HD now, and it works during rain. Have two dishes (for HD you need extra dish).

I had direct tv here 3 yrs ago and the same thing happened with dish. On heavy rainy days it was terrible.

provitel21

Oct 14, 2011
Go with Dish and dump the box! You can buy an FTA box and obtain all the programming you want for a vert small fee, 50 bucks for 1 Year..You can PM me for more details if you wish..I have a 4 foot dish which works great even when it rains being I have 99 S 99 Q on both SATS 119 & 110..Now, you can add BEV to pick up quite a bit of programming that of DTV..Are you into Football?? Then you want BEV!...91 & 82 SATS, but you may need a 6 foot dish to be in their foot print..That said, you can check dishpointer, pop in your location along with LNB type and SATS your wanting which would be 91 & 82 and it will tell you what size dish you will need..I can also direct you to the SAT store I used to purchase my Dish..Do yourself a favor and install it yourself if your handy..Its very easy from the DR..And if your close to me I will help you if you like..Why not? I can always use another friend here//LOL

Joe

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Go with Dish and dump the box! You can buy an FTA box and obtain all the programming you want for a vert small fee, 50 bucks for 1 Year..You can PM me for more details if you wish..I have a 4 foot dish which works great even when it rains being I have 99 S 99 Q on both SATS 119 & 110..Now, you can add BEV to pick up quite a bit of programming that of DTV..Are you into Football?? Then you want BEV!...91 & 82 SATS, but you may need a 6 foot dish to be in their foot print..That said, you can check dishpointer, pop in your location along with LNB type and SATS your wanting which would be 91 & 82 and it will tell you what size dish you will need..I can also direct you to the SAT store I used to purchase my Dish..Do yourself a favor and install it yourself if your handy..Its very easy from the DR..And if your close to me I will help you if you like..Why not? I can always use another friend here//LOL

Joe

Are you actually getting BEV in the DR?

rosabblanco

Jul 8, 2010
Necesito informacion sobre Dtv o Dish

Are you actually getting BEV in the DR?

Hola Vivo en Santiago y desde hace varios a?os tenemos un Dish y la cajita para ver canales internacionales pero hemos tenido que cambiarla varias veces porque dejan de funcionar. Me gustaria comunicarme contigo via Telefono para ver como me podrias dar informacion de como obtener de nuevo el servicio.Ni mi esposo ni yo somos handi pero estamos interesados y podriamos pagar la instalacion. mi numero es 809-707-0731
Gracias