Disco in Playa Doroda Complex (Gran Ventana)

crazydaisy

May 23, 2005
I agree La Barrica is an aquired taste to say the least !!!! I like Traza Caribe i think it is called or there is a very nice car wash with a pool between POP and Sousa. Drinks are cheap. I like some of the places in Playa Dorada - but some places are a total rip off !!!! I hate Mangu and will only attempt to enter after many many rums !!!! The words meat market spring to mind .The best place for a drink before going into POP if you are in Playa Dorada is Any Bar (i think thats its name) staff are great and you dont get hassled by sankies !!!

Have fun but do try and explore the town too if you dont you will miss out on many a good night.

C

sweetdbt said:
Mamachula,

To the best of my recollection, you are the first person here on DR1, or that I have met, who actually LIKED La Barrica, Way too dark, and with the 70's vintage disco ball spinning points of light on the walls and the incredibly loud music, I find it disorienting. There are IMHO much more pleasant places to go in Puerto Plata, where the drinks are as cheap or cheaper, the music is similar, and you can see your hand in front of your $%^&** face!

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
I had a bad experiance at the roadway in may last year.
Sitting down having dinner - it was late as we had been out for the day. A few tour reps were also there - all of a sudden - and i mean real quick - the lights went down, tables cleared around us and the music went up!

The road way is not good for the old "quiet" block in the ventana, or block 12 in Flamenco. The Claxon that seems to be constantly pulled kept me awake all night - its very loud now.

That said - on my feb trip we went in the roadway for a drink during the day - it had been raining and we were wet. The staff gave a coat to my better half to keep her warm and a towel to help dry her off.

Thats going beyond the customer expectation and is a nice thing that would keep us coming back!

Also noticed that the TVs during the day were showing the shopping channels - partically the Jack Le Lann juicer - a great topic of conversation of the that advert started with English, American, Canadean and French about the same ad that goes around the world!

Dan