Discovery In Dr Remedy For Hiv?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I must confess that I maybe biased here because basically I am a skeptic by nature, but when I further read that the good doctor had a revelation from God for the cure and further was told by God to try the cure on a donkey and two pigs.....well you get the idea.:paranoid:
In most other places he'd be getting a visit from the men in white coats, not a government delegation.:cheeky:

Seems like some of his patients (or guinea pigs) aren't too pleased, either...
http://www.elcaribecdn.com/articulo...d=F4E42001FE004C2191B099F308FB81FC&Seccion=63

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
That report doesn't sound too promising and it's looking more and more like what I mentioned in post 2.
Of course, there was Lucas Boeve aka, Doctor Death, living here in Sosua when I first moved here, who also claimed he had a cure for Aids, but he didn't.
It was but a hoax/scam.
If this doctor is mistaken about his treatments curing aids, that's one thing.
If he is charging a fortune for treatment, as Doctor Death did, then that's a whole other ball of wax.
Who knows if he has good intentions?
I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Still deluded, and misleading people though, even if it's not for the money - sounds like a messianic complex to me.

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
HIV cure

If someone found a cure for HIV, it would be all over the front page, of every paper, in every country and be the first page at reuters.com or cnn.com!
Thread closed:ermm:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Today's papers carry reports on the suspension of the doctor and of his medical laboratory that manufactured the "cure"....
According to the perhaps not-so-good-source of the Minister of public health, the "drug" was analyzed and found to be lacking in anything pharmacological or curative....so I supposed he was listening to some other God than God...""""?????

Who knows..this is such a major issue that i feel sorry for those that were treated, perhaps passing up some proven meds in their try for a "cure"...

What a passion for this doctor, so well known, to try and find a cure, yet fall into the trap of quackery.

HB

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Channel 3 news this morning, is saying that the doc killed 5 people with his "aids cure" and that there were going to be criminal accusations.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Channel 3 news this morning, is saying that the doc killed 5 people with his "aids cure" and that there were going to be criminal accusations.

I am not surprised. Its sad, this guy meant well but his belief in unfounded and unscientific "cures" drove him to pure and simple quackery. When religion becomes the main driving force in cures you get this.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
It is my understanding that the treatment does work and here in The US the problem is now becoming that those people who have HIV are actually becoming too fat (I just read an article the other day about that).

One problem that is also occurring is that because the disease is not considered fatal anymore many people are being careless so the rate of infection has started to rise again after many years of steadily dropping.

The caveat of this treatment is that the infected person must take a cocktail of many drugs on a daily basis and must do so for the rest of their lives (at least for now) which also have a lot of side effects. If they stop even for a little bit of time the virus returns stronger...

The good news is that scientists are working to try to get it to a form where the patient can just take one or two pills a day, instead of the "cocktail".

I would think that life with the virus even though not a death sentence must still suck so that's double condoms for me until a complete cure is found if ever...

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
If that report is accurate, then this is a day for celebration.
I really hope that it works as they say, and that it is a treatment that can be made available to all those who are suffering from the disease.

The combination therapy of at least three drugs has been around for about 10 years now. It is good to know that as long as the patient follows the regime in a strict manner, the HIV virus will not be able to replicate itself, thus giving the patient's immune system time to strengthen itself and fight off the virus that weakens it. As with other drugs there are side effects.

HIV i-Base - HIV treatment information