Disturbance around Jarabacoa, whats going on?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Errrr...someone who owns a gun in the DR is not starving for guinea hen enough to go hunting at night for them. Guinea hens are domesticated, not wild, and come "home" to roost. They are also loud as hell. Once in a while one may get lost, but rare, and when I ask locals about hunting Guinea hens at night with a gun, I get that "what kind of dumb a$$ foreigner are you" look.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
Well my hearing isn't as good as it used to be. Working around aircraft for 30 plus years will do that. I can assure you I have fired many different kinds of handguns, rifles, machine guns...etc so I think I know the sound of a gun. Perhaps I sleep the sleep of angels, with no guilty thoughts. I'm sure that a gunshot in confluensa area can't be heard from by part of town, except if there was no other noise.
I live not far from La Confluencia. The gunshots I hear are across the RJdN river and closer to town, but not IN town.

I don't recall ever hearing a gunshot from LC, but I hear them not uncommonly elsewhere. And the mountains and hills help reflect the sound so you hear a lot...

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Errrr...someone who owns a gun in the DR is not starving for guinea hen enough to go hunting at night for them. Guinea hens are domesticated, not wild, and come "home" to roost. They are also loud as hell. Once in a while one may get lost, but rare, and when I ask locals about hunting Guinea hens at night with a gun, I get that "what kind of dumb a$$ foreigner are you" look.

I have never heard anybody here hunting for anything here in the campo. With the cost of bullets why would somebody waste them on a bad tasting chicken? People who live in the country generally all have their own "gallinas" criollo chickens so it makes no sense. I think some people had their legs pulled.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
If bullets are not imported does this mean all bullets used here are made here?
Out of interest what is the cost difference, compared with US and Europe?

I asked a neighbor about the gunshots and some old boy brother is visiting down the road, he has a tendancy to shoot things when dunk! concerns solved.

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
I asked a neighbor about the gunshots and some old boy brother is visiting down the road, he has a tendancy to shoot things when dunk! concerns solved.
Like I said, some good ol' boys with a snoot full...