Do you see big changes in Sosua

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
DominicanScotty said:
El Marinero was a hopping place that's for sure. Boy do I miss that place.
I thought Matais told me he owned Dr. Quaks, ok, it was then another bar on that street. Anyway Matias and Ollie do own Four Roses, unless that has suddenly changed. I am sure you'll let me know Marco. ;-p
I don't recognize their names, but I've never been great with names.
Sometimes a person takes over the operation of a bar for a period of time, and is refered to as the owner.
They may have operated it for a period of time.
The owner seldomly operated it himself, and usually had a deal with a couple of guys worked out, usually Germans.
That might explain the discrepancy.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
This is probably what it is.

Rocky said:
I don't recognize their names, but I've never been great with names.
Sometimes a person takes over the operation of a bar for a period of time, and is refered to as the owner.
They may have operated it for a period of time.
The owner seldomly operated it himself, and usually had a deal with a couple of guys worked out, usually Germans.
That might explain the discrepancy.

Matais is a great person, a good stand up guy. However, he might have called it "his place" when in fact he was merely managing it. People often tend to do that. I do it myself at times as I have money invested in several businesses there and have a "financial interest" but I do not "own" it outright.

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
Since you are mentioning the names of different clubs, I was wondering if the Taino Bar is still in operation?

SURFUP69

May 24, 2006
DominicanScotty thank you, my bothers and I are comeing soon. If you like we can meet buy you a beer

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Would love to

SURFUP69 said:
DominicanScotty thank you, my bothers and I are comeing soon. If you like we can meet buy you a beer

Right now I am in New York. In the middle of a real estate deal and will be back down to the DR 3rd week of July. Stop in and see Big Lou in the NY Shark Bar and have a drink for me.

SURFUP69

May 24, 2006
DominicanScotty said:
Right now I am in New York. In the middle of a real estate deal and will be back down to the DR 3rd week of July. Stop in and see Big Lou in the NY Shark Bar and have a drink for me.
Big Lou and I are good friends, allway go there for Red Sox Game and good food and cheese burger. Tell him you talk to me Archie.