Does anyone in the forum have Internet with Centennial wireless Interjet card??

PlantaFULL

Oct 21, 2004
I agree. Kemo, you already know about all available ISP options in the DR and the Claro Flash you have is considered the best available at this point.

Get used to it or, if you have money to burn become friendly with some high profile Infrastructure owners and have a private sausage-thick cable lay'd to your residence in Casa de Campo. With money you can buy everyyhing you want in the DR, I'm sure *some* people have massive non-regular hookups , just not any cabron.

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
Stop comparing PR and DR!!! That's what you've been doing since i have been reading your posts. DR is not PR! Claro PR is not Claro DR! centennial PR is not Centennial DR! Just GET IT into your head and comprehend!!! THAT is PR, THIS is DR! So just stop complaining by comparing and get over it!

Oh, BTW, my experience with Bahia Principe in bavaro is great. My experience with BP Cayo Levantado Samana not so. BP Cayo is not BP Bavaro. Got the hint?

You see Nationalism Again????? My friend the only reference i have is Centennial in Puerto rico. If i was living In Kansas city Missouri then Centennial is big over there then i will used them in comparison. Like i said before in other post in the D.R is the D.R and Puerto rico is Puerto rico but what is amazing that 2 companies own and operated by the same owners separated by 40 or so miles from coast to coast could be so different. Once again you are mistaken if my purpose is to put the D.R down i simply think Internet should be cheaper and much better that what they are offering in the D.R.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I have both Codetel 3G and the new Centennial Interjet card for my laptop. The Centennial card is a big disappointment thus far. Works very fast (>700kbps) in some parts of metro SD, but that is about it. Signal strength fluctuates too much. It is supposed to revert back to regular 3G service, but have yet to see that. It does not work in Samana/Las galeras o most places in the SD Este. It does not even work in the DominicoAmericao Libarary. The card and first month are free with the promo. I have had mine since the initial offering of last Wednesday. I will be returning the card and cancelling service next week and stick with Codetel. Not high speed but seems to ok everwhere on the Island. Only advantage is that the Interjet plugs into any USB port. Until Centennial gets better coverage of thier Interjet service ..stay away from it.

Dang...That sucks. I was hoping to finally be able to get high speed roaming internet at a decent price. Interjet sounds like it would fulfill these requirements, but if it doesn't work that great in SD then I'm sure it will just crawl in Cotui.

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
I forgot to tell you that this morning i went to the Centennial store in el jumbo here in la Romana i asked the guy there to see the Interjet card well he told me that the store does not have it yet and they do not have any to try before buying he said that it works great in la romana he also told me that if i was interest than to leave a deposit he will order it at Santo domingo office andit will get there by monday. He also told me that in Santo doming they have a gig store with showroom and they have 2 or 3 laptops connected to the service for people to test. He also told me that 2.4 Mb is no guaranteed that is the highest of the network the guaranteed between 400-600 KPBS is the same crap as codetel or Claro right now!!!!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Do you know if you can get the Claro service for let's say a month without having to commit to a long contract? This is what I'm looking for more than anything, as I go there for a week or two at a time.

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
Do you know if you can get the Claro service for let's say a month without having to commit to a long contract? This is what I'm looking for more than anything, as I go there for a week or two at a time.

I don't think so but don't take my word for it i have Codetel Flash adsl in my villa here in casa de campo is slower what i am use to but i am happy today this morning it reach a speed of almost 1 mb download and almost 600 upload i am happy even thou i have been getting much less and paying for 1.5 mb 764 kpbs I can't complaint. Maybe Claro has some kind of test drive " Remember this is not verizon""""

SamanaJon

Jun 20, 2007
Interjet was only available from their main office on Abe Linc. Ave., when I got mine. This office is new. As explained to me, there is only a penalty of 1400 pesos to cancel.. That is it. I may have been misinformed, as most everybody in the new office were new and had very little knowledge of this new product. Again being connected and driving along 27th Febrero, I was disconnecetd 3 times. From Luperon to the river. It will be better whenever they invest more in new tower installations, till then, I will not be a customer. I will advise on how my cancellation goes this coming week

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
Interjet was only available from their main office on Abe Linc. Ave., when I got mine. This office is new. As explained to me, there is only a penalty of 1400 pesos to cancel.. That is it. I may have been misinformed, as most everybody in the new office were new and had very little knowledge of this new product. Again being connected and driving along 27th Febrero, I was disconnecetd 3 times. From Luperon to the river. It will be better whenever they invest more in new tower installations, till then, I will not be a customer. I will advise on how my cancellation goes this coming week

Samanajon i really appreciate your input on this like i said yesterday i went to the store in Jumbo la romana and the kid at the beginning did not know what i was talking about but then he knew it this item is only available at there main store in Santo Domingo i was hoping to go there tomorrow morning i am leaving tomorrow from las americas airport to Miami late tomorrow so i was hoping to go early and see the card but your info shows me that the signal is not good and it is pretty much another scam. Did you ever try the card in la Romana area???? if you have let me know.

SamanaJon

Jun 20, 2007
Centennial Interjet service.

Yesterday at noon, I did cancel my service which I had contracted for 18 months just 2 weeks ago. Centennial did not charge me the 1400 peso penalty for this, which surprised me. They waived the fee, as I had it for such a short time and it did not work for me. Dealing with Centennial was much more pleasant than dealing with Codetel/Claro. I feel that a soon as Centennial gets much better coverage, they will do well with the Interjet product. When it does work, it is faster than anyother wireless on the Island, up to 1.7 MB downloads. I did not try this Interjet anywhere except the areas of SD/SDE up to Samana. Therefore, I cannot tell you what it may do in other areas. Hope this helps answer some questions. :)